Saving Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

That is a great point. Butch will never be "his guy".

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Haha

This is the post of the year so far for the football season.

3. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Add this to the embarrasment. He's so embarassing that a barborshop in Maryville tweeted out that they would no longer do Butch replica haircuts. Lol

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He all but had a nervous breakdown today talking to the media

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The pressure on the man has to be hitting home now. I can't relate in words just how bad I would like to see him gone.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

damn that's funny. I bet they set records in the next few days

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This job is going to break him.

He's always felt fraudulent, like he's pretending to be what he thinks a good football coach is supposed to be. He's Colonel Frank Fitts from American Beauty - the angry, controlling, rage-filled, homophobic dad who turns out to be in the closet. There's like this self-loathing and masking the nerdy band kid named Lyle...and he's created this tough, aggressive, deep-voiced "Butch" character. It's all bullshit...and people are finally seeing him for what he truly is. This season is going to end him.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I actually do think his voice is a put-on.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Absolutely. He’s a fraud. The people in Cincinnati knew it far before we did.

10. BigOrangeBeech

This comes from a poster at VN that supposedly knows his stuff.

"Currie is not Hart. Hart was brought in to consolidate the men's and women's departments, and to fix the athletic department's financial troubles.*

Butch will not be here next season"

"Yes. He will either be fired with a bad record or will parachute to another job if he salvaged this into a 9-3 type season. Most do not realize how hard Armstrong worked to find Butch a new job at the end of last season. Currie did not hire Jones. Currie is a Tennessee man and has no loyalty to Jones.

We will see what happens but the fact is, Tennessee is a much more attractive job than it was in 2012. The roster, the available money, the AD the new coach will be working with. All of this is more appealing."

"A little of both. Butch hired Sexton for a reason and like I said, really wanted out of here after losing to Vanderbilt last season. I don't see Currie making an effort to retain him unless he wins out except for Alabama game."

-EazyTD

11. BigOrangeBeech

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I moved this to its own thread.

13. BigOrangeBeech

My post didnt move with it? Come on now T.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm pretty good friends with that barber. Not certain he would have done it anyway. And if you know him, you would know he was just being a smartass.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yours is the signpost!

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I tip my hat to him. Perhaps one of the best tweets ever.