Scathing article on 60 minutes crew arrested in Lebanon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Apr 16, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think RHV was being a smartass

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Mine either. Living in Georgia there have been several instances to see this dynamic work. A kid (regardless of race) who busts ass and works hard has every opportunity to rise above his birth circumstance. A lazy kid (again, regardless of race) who would rather suck off the government teat rather than take responsibility for their own lives gets what they got coming to them, respect-wise which is bupkis.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's absurd on its face. It's plainly not true.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is not what that logic says. Not even remotely.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Where are you even pulling this from?

6. Savage Orange

Pretzel logic, maybe.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Everyone has it rough. Life is no cake walk for anyone. The flavor of the problems is just different.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not really.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I couldn't tell you where many people are from upon meeting them, nor do I care.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unless you're from Canada. Stop saying "eh" all the time.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

All of the [itch bay]ing about my position has yet to ascertain the actual thrust of the argument, including you. The idea that black, or non-white, people can't or won't succeed has never been put forth as an argument. Never. The idea that there are certain privileges that exist in our society for groups of people, including whites, is an unassailable fact, which is the argument being made here and nothing else. The self-determination comment you make, along with others here, are merely nonsense extrapolations you've put out in order to create some straw man argument to shoot down. Nowhere did I say this was why black people fail or couldn't succeed. In fact, I explicitly said that wasn't true.

However, for an example, you consistently harp about "vote buying". Perhaps, according to the logic afforded here, you should just hush and stop whining about it, as you complaining about the issue is more of a divisive problem than the issue itself. Just buck up and deal with the shitty system and stop complaining.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if it's not why they aren't succeeding why even talk about it? doesn't that give the impression that's why they aren't succeeding?

14. Savage Orange

The notion of "white privilege" is itself a straw man... A distraction folks can glom onto to excuse their own failures.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's true

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Because it's convenient to claim it's all the difference then disavow the claim as if it's just idle chatter.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Imagine what Josh Dobbs could be if he were not fighting "white privilege"

18. Savage Orange

Or Obama. Or CondoLEEEEEEEEEEEZA... or Ben Carson, or JC Watts, or, or, or.... That damn white privilege is ****ing everything up!!

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Everyone has and can make excuses. Successful people just don't. Enablers parrot excuses and keep making them. Sad to watch.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Some folks see color instead of circumstances. That's all the explanation needed or really warranted. That's why it can't be explained. To explain it clearly would reveal the obvious, and there are few bigger sins in our culture today.