Scott Hall

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Oct 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hogan and Bischoff have been tight for a long time. They usually run things in the ground such as WCW. Isn't Vince Russo with them too?

2. WM

WM Active Member

So that's what happened to Justin Credible. Sad story all around, his last comment was telling. I hope that new father son relationship isn't laced with selfish intentions from either one. Seemed pretty damn genuine though.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

His son needs to bulk up or get his wrestling advice from Rey Mysterio.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I know he was, but I think he left or was fired and Bruce Pritchard took his place.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Sad, but in no way surprising, to see Scott in that condition. Every time I read the news of a wrestler's death, and we've seen more than 25 of them in the last 15 years, I think to myself "how did Scott Hall outlive that guy?"

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Caught it on YouTube today. Just brutal.

He was one of my favorites growing up, but I never realized how really big he was in wrestling. How does a guy like that never get a run as the world champion? Obviously in WCW Hogan was 'the guy' in nWo and all that, but surely he would have made it there in WWF/E if that's where he had stayed, right?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He would have been a much better alternative to Brett Hart during that run.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If he had stayed in WWE, he probably would've had a world title reign. Then again, if he had really insisted on it in WCW, I imagine he could've had a run there too. Some guys forget that it's fake and would rather be the champ than make money, but he never seemed to be the type that had to have the strap around his waist in order to be happy. Just wanted to be paid and he did a good job of that.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They really could've taken the restraints off of the Razor character during the Attitude era. Would've been fun to watch.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It could have been great

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The NWO was the industry's greatest angle, in my opinion, so I wouldn't rewrite history, but Razor could've been special from '97 to '00 in WWE.

What pisses me off most is how much shit Hall and Nash get for the downfall of WCW. People hammer them for their inflated contracts and most-favored nation deals, but every one of their critics would jump at that type of agreement if they could get it. You can blame Ted and his team for offering those contracts, but you can't fault Scott and Kevin for taking care of themselves.

12. hatvol96

I think most of the criticism Big Kev gets comes from his atrocious turn with the booker's hat. I've never heard anyone other than retards like Ricky Morton put the blame on the Outsiders. People who know universally blame the real cuplrits: Bischoff, Hogan, Ferrara, and Russo, in that order.

13. hatvol96

Imagine a D-X with the Outsiders instead of the NAOs. Just think about that.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

WWE legend Scott Hall's emotional reunion with his estranged son at the end of ESPN's documentary about the wrestler was short-lived -- sources tell TMZ, Scott's drug problems have once again forced the two apart.

In case you missed it, ESPN aired a heartfelt documentary about Scott Hall last night -- chronicling the wrestler's drug-fueled fall from grace -- in which Scott and his son Cody poignantly reunited after not speaking for years.

The documentary ended on a promising note -- with the father-son duo working together to launch Cody's wrestling career

But Scott's ex-wife Dana tells TMZ, the reunion in May barely lasted a month -- and once again, the two are no longer on speaking terms.

We're told Cody gave up on his dad due to "constant verbal abuse from Scott while he was binging" -- and he soon moved back home with his mom.

Dana tells us, Cody simply felt it was "too hard seeing his dad in that kind of state." We're told Cody has no current plans to continue wrestling. Scott's rep had no comment.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

It is a sad waste of talent and intellect....but it happens every day.

16. hatvol96

"Scott's rep?" Are you kidding me? He's got a PR person?

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Doubt it...probably Ricky Young or one of the other lackies that hang around him all the time.

18. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

"Hey Scott, PR guy here. Do I think you should do the show in Massachusetts tonight. You bet I do."

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Replace "Oh you didn't know?" with "Hey yo"