Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JudgmentVol, Jul 18, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah, after they peaked as a legit contender I think most people saw them for what they were, a team that would beat most anyone with less talent and a good team once in a while.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't know I feel like they were always ranked high and always called a potential NC contender and then lost to anyone they played who was decent. no team got more cred for moral victories than vtech. they were like the notre dame of the 2000s.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and teams that beat them were always given way too much credit for the W.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They beat Ohio State in Columbus two years ago - the year OSU won the NC, IIRC.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, so thanks for nothing there.

6. Tenacious D

We should absolutely beat VT, for sure. But Fuente will do more with that offense, and Foster stayed on D, so I don't think it'll be as easy as some believe. Hope I'm wrong.

The only acceptable loss on our regular season schedule should be BAMA, and I think that should be a relative toss-up.

But we have Butch. And until he starts winning the big games, doesn't in-game coach like either a scared child or a monkey with a concussion and PTSD, I feel more than safe in defending the notion that a healthy sense of skepticism is not only permissible, but required.

Until then, no loss will ever be beyond Butch's grasp.

7. Tenacious D

Agreed.

But that OSU team was LOADED, and likely twice as talented as TN will be, come September.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

jt barrret in his first start ever threw 3 ints (edit and didn't 2 go for TDS?). that vtech team went 7-6

northwestern also beat Stanford. how did that work out for you guys?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they are going to suck on offense and defense. the talent level there currently is garbage. tenn just needs to show up. you can sell me on a close game and sloppy game, but an actual loss? I can't see it.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Until Lyle decides to save his first half time outs for the second half, calls three time outs on offense (while going fast tempo and switching out 12 receivers) in the first 5 minutes of the second half, thinking he still has three left.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I honestly think tenn just needs to get the guys off the bus. when there has been a big talent mismatch they've rolled.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Arkansas last year

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fair point, but I guarantee you Arkansas has more talent across the board then vtech.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Their RBs and Oline was very good. VaTech isn't similar, at all.

15. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Serious lack of thread discipline here.

16. Tenacious D

Fair.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There will be an immediate mass exodus from the Butch bandwagon if we leave Bristol with a loss.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Rightfully so. He should be fired on the plane back kiffin style if he loses that game

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, fire him on the tarmac and give him a Megabus ticket back to Michigan.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Individual game tickets on sale.

None of big games are up obviously, but you can get some decent single game tickets to Mizzou and Kentucky for face value.