Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jul 5, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sales are apparently way down this year.

This will be what ends up being Butch's undoing.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not true fans, if you ask me.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Thank god volnation isn't the whole market on the vols.

winning 8 games with a team talented enough to win 10 or 11 will do that though.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I dropped mine and told them why when they called. They were reaching out to me long after the deadline asking me to renew.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not surprised. last year was supposed to be the year, when that doesn't happen the non diehards are going to say screw it.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Ill be watching every game from the couch until Jones is gone. I'll wait and see what kind of hire they make before deciding if I'll go after he's gone.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would get season tickets before the next hire was announced, were he fired.

8. BigOrangeBeech

Dangerous approach given our last 2 hires.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sometimes it is about sending a message

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The games suck this year too.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

tbh now's the time to get on the train if one wanted to.

i've never gotten them because I just didn't want to pay the money and then have to do something with the 3 or 4 i games i wasn't going to go to, or feel obligated to go to them because I paid for them.

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I don't care who our coach is: i will never want season tix when 2 of 6 games are worthwhile.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is me.

14. BigOrangeBeech

Don't know that'd I buy season tix, unless I lived a little closer to Knoxville, but I'd at least drive over there for the 3 best on the schedule if we hired a good coach and tried to win again.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I feel like it's gone from the home experience being significantly worse than going live to a basic break even in the pros and cons.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This right here.

As I documented last season, with a little work, it's far cheaper to go 3 or 4 games by getting tix off the secoandary than it is to get season tix and you're not stuck with a bunch of shit games you don't want.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's not all that uncommon.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I made that mistake after Dooley. Thanks a lot Tenny

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah. No Bama fans to rip on a scalp price

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Buddy works for the State, and he got an email today that all State employees could buy some limited number of season tickets for $300 or so - with no donation required - and could buy individual game tix for either Vandy or Indiana St. at $33-35 per ticket.

I think that they always offer some deal on season tickets and one game for reduced rate....but he couldn't recall it ever being that low or that they offered single game tickets for two games.

Likely, these two discounted games have been selected purely on the lagging ticket sales of each...but Vandy is an SEC game and the last home game of the season, and I can't imagine that Southern Miss (merely 3 weeks before Vandy game) is a particularly hot selling ticket. Recall the crowd for the Wyoming game, and the result, after Fulmer was canned.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but if you've got a lame duck going into Vandy....you won't get 60k at the turnstyle if the game were free and didn't require any ticket at all.