SEC Coach and Player of the Year

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who do you think deserves it, and who do you think gets it?

Is there any chance in hell Will Wade can be the selection?

I think Grant and coach Barnes deserve it. I’m obviously biased.

Small part of me thinks they’ll give it to Cal. Smaller part of me thinks they’ll give it to Washington over Grant.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They talked about "all the moves PJ has" today. Hes got 1 move and a 3 point shot.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Cal should never get COY when UK doesn’t win the conference. They’re supposed to be the best team every year. Wade was a lock IMO until the FBI stuff. My gut tells me it’ll be Kermit Davis.

Grant should be POY without a doubt. It was close between him and PJ but I think Grant separated himself in the Knoxville rematch.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

They can’t give it to Wade. I’d expect Kermit Davis.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Barnes should get it. No losses at home. No top recruits. #1 for a month, not 3 days. 2 of 4 losses in OT. Coach of POY.

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why would the coach of a team tied for 6th in the conference get coach of the year?

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

First year coaches who pull off turn arounds often get these awards.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I agree, but repeat COY awards are pretty rare.

9. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Barnes and Grant.

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

It should be Barnes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kermit get it though.

I think Grant still gets POY again. His numbers are better and they (PJ) split the games performance wise.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Wouldn't mind Kermit being the choice for coach.

Gotta be Grant for player.

12. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I want Kermit to win it, but it would be hard to justify with how they have finished down the stretch. Not sure how Barnes will win when he brought back everyone from a returning conference champion.

Grant is definitely POY.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Essentially the same team as the one picked to finish at the bottom last year. Is it less impressive to do it this year? Not like the team got more talented.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I hope Davis doesn't win it simply because of the petulant whining Ole Miss media and fans are doing about it how it would be a travesty if he doesn't win.

Ole Miss is 20-9 with a horrible out of conference schedule and a SOS in the 60's... 9-9 in SEC... Their best two wins in conference are Auburn and Miss St and they split the series with both teams. They has Mizzou, UGA, and GA 2x. Throw in Vandy and 7 out of 9 SEC wins are non Tourney teams.