SEC Matchup Dooley Is More Likely To Lose This Month

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by robvols, Nov 1, 2012.

?

The SEC Matchup Dooley Is Most Likely To Lose To?

Poll closed Dec 1, 2012.
  1. Missouri

36.8%
  2. Vanderbilt

32.4%
  3. Kentucky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Two Of The Above

30.9%
  1. robvols

robvols Member

Dooley SURVIVES a potential firing not once, but twice after losing to Bama and South Carolina. Now we enter a new month.

There is still an opportunity to win the last four games of the season plus a bowl game. The way the team (especially the defense) has been playing, it is possible they could lose not one, but two games.

These three SEC games are very winnable, but as Dooley has shown he can even lose to the most sorriest (Kentucky with a WR as a QB)

Missouri-James Franklin just got activated so this could be trouble as he is athletic; the Vols have showed they struggle against athletic quarterbacks.

Vanderbilt-They will be motivated for this matchup thanks to last season; will be at their home field

Kentucky- They are bad; let's don't think about a sequel.

Which matchup(s) is he capable of losing against?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Vandy or Mizzou wouldn't surprise me.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Mizzouri

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I almost expect a Vandy loss.

Not because they're better. Simply because its the one game Dooley hasn't lost, and its difficult for me to imagine him finishing such an awful run in Knoxville without a loss to the Commodores. Just feels like a fitting coup de grace.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Vandy will get him. Tyler Bray will have a horrible day.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

DD should be forced to play Kentucky with AJ at full time QB to make up for last year.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Vandy and Mizzou wouldn't surprise me.

8. The Sabanocchio

The Sabanocchio The real OCI

Vandy. Mizzou is bad on offense. I think we'll put up more points.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sal says "Let me fix that for you"

10. Montrell

Montrell New Member

All should be easy wins when you compare the rosters. But I wont be surprised if they lose one of those to either Mizzou or Vandy. Vandy is a much better coached team than Tennessee is. Mizzou is probably closest in talent to Tennessee (although still significantly behind). Who knows what will happen. I expect bad home crowds from here on out. I still cant believe an announcement has yet to be made by Hart. Maybe there really is pressure from the academic anti-sports faction at the University to keep Dooley around.

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Be nice to get back to the days when we could set the cruise control in November ...

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think we lose to Vandy. I think Mizzou gives us every damn thing we want and more.

13. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I have full faith and confidence in the Dools to pull off a woefully bad finish to a woefully bad coaching tenure. Sold our Mizzou tickets today. Would rather observe misery on TV where the option is to turn to another channel.

14. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Let's not kid ourselves. This team is capable of losing to anyone, including Troy. I expect Vandy to be a loss, as quite honestly, they are better coached than we are, not more talented, but better coached. Mizzou is very capable of winning as we have trouble stopping anyone and they run an offense that we will struggle with. KY looks like a team that anyone could beat. However, if we lose any of the other games, KY is capable of winning, (think of last year) as they now believe they can win thanks to the end of the streak. We will have to rely on our offense to outscore all these teams as our defense will give up lots of yards and points to most anyone. We haven't proved to be consistent enough to outscore teams so far this season. To think that we will win out is a pipe dream at this point.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think we win out.

16. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

My vote is vandy. They have a better coach

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Mizzou

Or

Vandy

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I can see both Vandy and Mizzou. This team has never played with any heart in November.
    Vandy has played UT close most games for the past 15 years, and the video of Dooley showing his ass post game in the locker room will be played on repeat for the entire week in Nashville. Vandy will be prepared to demolish us.
    Missouri has a QB that can make plays happen, which isn't good for us with our defense. It will be a touchdown fest from the start.

I hate Dooley.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Cure for all bad O's.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I could see dropping both Mizzou and Vandy.

Vandy probably the most likely.