SEC Network

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yea, me too

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the local cable companies will have to sign up. direct tv has something up it's ass about the pac-12 network, but i doubt they'll do that for the sec.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hopefully Dish will get onboard since they're ran by a UT and SEC man.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

dish signed up the pac-12 network. i just recently switched form direct tv to dish and couldn't be happier.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I've been happy with Dish so far too.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Really hoping TWC in NC signs up. If I leave their TV service, they can gouge me for Internet without any threat of losing business.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I actually have uverse. This might work out for me...

I wonder how the subscription model will work?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Wait until your equipment tears up, then tell me what you think of dish. Some of the worst customer service I've ever encountered. That's why I switched.

I sincerely hope you have a better experience. They burnt their bridge into ashes that were scattered by the wind with me though.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  10. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

U-verse customer as well, so I am a happy camper. Most people that get U-verse rarely switch. Don't know if it will be packaged into the normal sports tier or separately at this point. Will go on line or use the TV to adjust whatever I want on packages and the system resets within seconds. They also have wireless boxes if you have an interior gateway. Just run the HDMI cable from the box to the TV, after setting up the transmitter at the gateway and you are good to go with TV anywhere in your home or outside near the home like on a screen porch. The primary DVR/control box is the only one that needs to be tethered to a cable outlet.

11. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The Longhorn Network is included in the U-450 package, so they might just add the SEC Network into that package as well.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

nothing can be worse than time warner cable. i've had direct tv forever, but a) they refused to get the pac-12 network and b) when i called them up and said dish was offering the exact same package i was paying $110 for $55, and they said they'd give me $15 off I told them to pound sand.

13. JayVols

I understand your position; however, if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter if it's only $5/month. You're still not going to get to watch.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've only had it a couple of months, but it has worked perfectly so far. knock on wood

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If you don't mind, may I ask what happened? I have Dish so I would like to know for future reference if something comes up. I've had them a year so nothing has gone wrong and I've only called them out to reset the Dish after a roof replacement. They didn't charge me for some reason after saying it would be $15.00 to have the tech out which is the only experience I've had. I can say that the Dish tech set the Dish better than my old Directv guy did as Dish never goes out but Direct went out almost every rain.

To my understanding, the customer owns the Dish on the roof and the company leases out the boxes? I dropped the equipment protection plan. lol

16. JayVols

Hope it continues. I had a switchbox go bad. I had the repair service, too. When I called to schedule a repairman to come fix it, I was told the earliest available date was a month away. I hung up after letting them know how shitty of a business model it was to have zero customer service for a 5+ year subscriber and immediately called Direct. They had an install guy at my door at 7:30 the next morning. As soon as it was up and running, I called to cancel dish, and they started to see if they could try to work something out for 2 weeks instead of 4. Told her not to bother that the Direct guy was standing in my living room finishing the install I requested after my call the day before.

Screw dish network.

17. JayVols

See my response to droski.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i always threaten to cancel anytime i have an issue. have done that with direct tv too. works like a charm generally.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That and don't let them off the phone. They won't hang up on a customer so one time I put my phone on speakerphone with AT&T and sat the phone down. They would ask "are you still on the line sir?" and I would respond, "yes" and left them on the line for about an hour as I got work done on the computer. I hate AT&T by the way, had a bad experience with them.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Thanks. Hopefully I won't have any issues. I refuse to use comcast, they suck ass, and I don't want another dish on my new roof so either I stick with Dish or pay Direct to put their dish on a pole next to the house. I know they seal the lag bolts holding the dish on the roof but I don't want too many holes up there.