SEC Network

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i had to put my disk satelite right next to the old direct tv one (which i cut off at the base). apparently they can't use teh same base which i guess isn't surprising.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It seems it would make sense if Dish and Direct came to an agreement to use a universal base. It would save both companies a lot of money as they would just need a dish and could use the existing base.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there have been rumors of a merger forever, so if that happens. . . currently i'm sure they want to do everything to not get you to switch to teh other company. my wife wasn't all that pleased with another thing on the roof and i'm sure she's not the only one.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Dish put in a bid to buy Sprint too.

Dish's Charlie Ergen on Sprint Offer: 'We're Not Going to Lose' - Forbes

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Next time she asks about what's on the roof, ask her how she could see it from the kitchen.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that would imply she cooks or does dishes now that the twins are here.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I thought it might be worth a shot...

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

9. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Direct gave me me the NFL package for free for 5 years.....I'm going into year two.I'm sure I'll get sec for free...

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Nfl package is direct tv programming and that's why they give it for free to tons of people. I don't think direct tv can give the middle finger to the sec like the PAC 12 though

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

How'd you manage that? Teach me sensei.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Call em up. When they ask you what you want say you are canceling your service. When they ask why tell them dish or whatever competitor of your choosing is offering x for the same package. After they agree to match it say "great and if you throw in the nfl package I think we'll be good." Easy as pie. They'll literally throw nfl ticket at you for any complaint.

13. JayVols

I'm trying this come July/August.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I have no complaints about Uverse here.

In fact, I had an issue with billing as soon as I signed up. I called them and by the time we got off the phone with each other, the guy had his manager on the issue and it was fixed.

15. JayVols

I don't know how much it costs, but I will gladly pay more for something if superior customer service is included.

16. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I have both services. I use their account suspension feature to alternate between Dish and DirecTV for six months at a time (I install it myself...) I usually reactivate DirecTV at some point around July. I plan to call up with the threat of cancelling just to see what they throw at me. I'd like Sunday Ticket or a Genie. Hopefully they comply.

17. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

It is superior. I can confirm. FIos if in my area is only other brand I would get.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The fact they think they can win this battle is especially funny.