SEC Offensive Line Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jul 12, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Funny read. My only critique is that Mike Bobo's actually turned it around over the previous 2 seasons. Even after losing everyone last season, they still had no problem putting up points.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do not know what adjusted line yards are. Care to fill me in?

4. kidbourbon

[video=youtube;xuQNt45Cjkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuQNt45Cjkc[/video]

5. kidbourbon

It's a stat that attempts to separate the running back and OL's contribution to rushing yardage. It's a stat with limited effectiveness, and that admits it up front.

Adjusted Line Yards (ALY): Statistic that attempts to, even to a small extent, separate the ability of a running back from the ability of the offensive line. Adjusted Line Yards begin as a measure of average rushing yards per play by running backs only, adjusted in the following way:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/glossary#aly

6. kidbourbon

He still sucks in my book.

7. kidbourbon

And he's easy to make fun of, even if he doesn't suck.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Oh no denying that. Just as someone who appreciates good coaching performances and deplores the overrated and poor jobs, I always want to speak up for obvious improvement.

What is REALLY funny though is that he is the heir-apparent for the job once Richt leaves.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Maybe I'm the only one here that didn't know you blogged Tennessee athletics. How long have you been doing that??

10. kidbourbon

11. kidbourbon

Funny and GLORIOUS.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

13. kidbourbon

Do it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can do it here, too Huffman.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yup. Quite a few people used to blog here. I did, but it was during the Dooley years and replaying those games in my head made me want to end my fanhood.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley killed it for me too

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think I've got to be a mod to do it here.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lyls isn't a mod. Justin and I are, and we are saying going for it. Any member in good standing is free to blog here. We would enjoy you blogging here.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I figure they go after Kirby Smart, which I don't think would be a hell of a lot better.