SEC Officiating hate thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 23, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Idk, I don’t seem to remember so many just colossal unbelievable screwups in basketball. They do get a lot more nit-picky

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I don’t even care about the missed face mask. He was going down regardless and it wasn’t bad. If he could’ve escaped without it or really yanked his neck I would’ve cared more.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The officiating is garbage and entirely on them. They missed some blocks in the back all night.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We got extremely lucky there. There was basically one official who could have seen that facemask. And luckily he was caught up in the trash and never saw it.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What about the horse collar call against Kentucky when he had the front of Hooker's jersey? Terrible call

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Made up for it with a missed horse collar in the second half. Ref was just slipping in the timestream.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

By rule, they got the call right that the announcers were bellyaching about.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah they missed a facemask call. God knows we’re still in the red as far as officiating currency goes so I’m not apologizing for it

VolDad, Memtownvol, sbradle4 and 8 others like this.
  9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

A-freaking-MEN, brother!

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep. I was sort of savoring it at the time.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not on us to officiate the game. The officials are bad. The end.

OneForVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

After the fumble return TD against Ole Miss was called back I could give a shit less if our opponents get screwed on a call. We were owed that no call last night.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m about at the point of honestly believing that whether refs will call holds has more impact on a game’s outcome than what happens with either the players or coaches… Non-calls (or worse, phantom calls after a play has developed) can easily be used to manipulate a teams momentum and thereby control the outcome of a game. I have no real proof that this is consciously being done but the results of my (and many of you!) eye test is pretty compelling

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

We’ll need officials who like being on tv to have a shot at being competitive. We’ll need to take chances too, like #2 jumping that route for a pick 6, blitzing heavy on 2nd downs, sendings safeties after the QB.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Kind of like basketball reffing.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Need younger officials who played imo and can follow the speed of the games

17. JohnnyQuickkick

That or just put a couple more guys out there

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you mean playing at the collegiate level, I don't think that is necessary, nor would it be feasible. Non-players can know the rules just as well as anyone, but I do agree they need to be in shape and not 65 year old beer-gut laden men.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

These offenses running at light speed aren't doing them any favors

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

just a thought NA. Not a necessity, but imo there should be more former player refs who know whats going on all over the field. Some will see things better than the ones currently out there. Rules are easy and with communication now they gather up and discuss with the booth. Dudes are bigger, stronger and faster and the game moves at a different pace than it did for these refs 20 years ago.