SEC Power Rankings Week 2

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 11, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For discussion purposes only

1. Bama - When you have accomplished what they have, you are allowed to coast through buy-a-win games without much criticism. The only kink in the armor that I can tell is if the passing game may bite them.

2. LSU - Did what you are supposed to do against a FCS opponent and mauled them.

3. Georgia - Still not convinced they are great, but won in South Bend with a true freshman making first start.

4. Carolina - Long season to go, but two games in and they've got a decent offense. Worth keeping an eye on.

5. Mississippi State - Have treated two weak opponents accordingly and got bonus points for the greatest 87 yard loss play in football history.

6. Auburn - Remember when Malzahn was an offensive genius? Probably ranked too high, but they did play Clemson tough on the road.

7. Vandy - Will learn a lot more about this team Saturday when the fightin' Bill Snyders visit Neyland West on Saturday. But they have taken care of business against weak teams.

8. Tennessee - Not that I think we are that good, but that I think everyone else is that bad.

9. Ole Miss - Obviously the Black Bears were caught looking ahead to the Golden droski's this week.

10. Arkansas - Butch had been about what I have expected. Bilema has been a disappointment. 11-26 against Power 5 opponents to date.

11. Florida - Still basing this off of the one game they played. We'll find out more Saturday.

12. Kentucky - Not sure what to make of Saturday's performance.

13. A&M - This is a messed up team. If I got word Sumlin was fired today, I'd not be surprised. Going to be a long and strange season in College Station.

14. Missouri - This is just a bad football team. There's no way around it. Just bad.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Missouri is a really bad team in a really bad East.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I watched the first half of the ole miss game. Ut Martin's rbs were untouched for 5 yards every play.