SEC Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Yeah, that's a good take.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2. cpninja

cpninja Member

I'm down for the inclusion of any new school that would piss off an existing SEC school as badly as Texas will piss off A&M. Bring in GT, Clemson and FSU next imo

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Would they bring in 8 more teams and then have 6 pods with 3 groups on each side for a real superconference with others following? Add a 4 team pod consisting of Clemson, FSU, Miami, and Georgia Tech and another 4 team pod with WVU, Virginia Tech, UNC, and NC State

Then the BIG jumps in and grabs other teams like Notre Dame, Boston College, Duke, Cincinnati, Syracuse......

The PAC absorbs the remaining Big 12 and gets a few others to jump on board as well

Then we have 3 SuperConferences. One will be centered in the Northeast to Midwest, one in the Southeast to Texas, then the West Coast to Texas the other way.

I'm not saying I'm all for it but I could see that happening.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If TAMU were smart, they would insist that Texas be in the same division as them/be an annual opponent, and try to dictate the terms of the new rivalry early when they are already an established SEC-caliber team and Texas is not. Ducking them early will lead to this thing going Big 12 on them real quick.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TAMU isn't smart and most all Texans would rather [itch bay] and complain than rise up and face a challenge.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TBH I'd like some kind of realignment to be more regional. If UT plays some combo of Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky or Vandy every year that'd be progress.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

My favorite TAMU fan take so far implies that Austin being so liberal is why they don't belong in the SEC- doesn't "fit the character." Lol. It's not about red or blue, it is about green. Who could come up with that?!

8. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I can see Sankey now. “At the end of the day after going over all the numbers, the University of Texas is just too damn liberal to jive with us red blooded Americans here in the SEC.”

On another note, not looking forward to having to suffer through the wE’Re tHe ReAl UT idiots from Austin. Calling them UTA for the rest of time now.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly. Those liberal dollars spend the same way.

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And they readily admit too

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is such a good take.

12. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

We've been forever trying to recover, I don't see how adding OU and Tex really helps our cause in the bigger picture.

That said, and generally speaking, I'm in favor of:
    1. whatever loosens Bama's stranglehold on anything and everything
    2. whatever Bama doesn't like,
    3. whatever forces Florida, UGA, and Bama to have to play each other every year

I guess a lot depends on how they realign everything, but overall, I just don't want this.

I also really don't feel like developing yet another 'permanent rivalry' with Tex over "the real UT"

I do like the idea of Bama having to run a gauntlet like Oklahoma, UF, Tenn (trap), UGA, and Auburn every damn year, with no off week.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We all know Bama will end up in the pod with Missouri, Vandy and Kentucky.

TangoUniform and Memtownvol like this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm kind of hoping they don't go to pods but instead give each school a list of 3 or 4 perma rivals and rotate the rest.

Assuming we have 4 -

Bama
    Vandy
    Florida
    Kentucky

Also wouldn't mind going to 10 game conference schedule either.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Auburn > Florida

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t see how Texas and Oklahoma changes us recovering.

We have to get better than Georgia, Alabama, Florida and LSU anyways.

get to that point and Texas and Oklahoma doesn’t really change the formula

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If anything it would theoretically be most harmful to SEC programs which rely heavily on Texas for recruiting, which has never been Tennessee. Obviously it hurts A&M with their pitch to Texas kids that they are the only SEC game in state. And I don't know how Texas heavy Arkansas's roster currently is, but it could theoretically hurt them as well.

TangoUniform likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It doesn't. We weren't recovering prior OU/TU, we won't be recovering after OU/TU.

Volst53 likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU cherry picks Texas

TangoUniform and Memtownvol like this.
  20. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Some people suggest that it could actually benefit Arkansas. Arky isn’t going to win a lot of head to head recruiting battles with OU or Texas. But they do recruit a lot of the same prospects as TCU, Ok St, Baylor, and Tech. With all the uncertainty over the future of those programs, it could be a boon for Arkansas recruiting in the state of Texas.

Memtownvol, IP and chavisut like this.