SEC teams most likely to lose Week 1 (SDS)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, May 3, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Didn't realize Appalachian State had such a good year last year. Now I am nervous.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah, Clemson will be tough. If Sean White is the starter we'll lose, but I suspect Gus knows that. If John Franklin is the starter and Gus gets him to where he's consistent on the short stuff and can throw a mediocre deep ball we'll have a fighting chance.

*This is assuming John Franklin is a smart/aware enough runner to avoid big licks. Nick Marshall never took big hits, Franklin will get murdered if he doesn't have that skill. Kid is fast as hell though.

Edit: Hope we don't suspend the guys on the pot arrests. Our secondary without Carlton Davis would be atrocious.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Grow a pair, we are almost guaranteed an undefeated season.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fixed

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What's this "we" shit?

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He's an Auburn fan that pretends to like Tennessee.

8. NorrisAlan

It's like a vegan saying they like a good cheeseburger.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's like cotton saying he can deal with IP sometimes.

10. RockyHill

In all future Auburn analysis I will not refer to them as we.

11. RockyHill

I'm an Auburn fan and a Tennessee fan. My memory and fanhood of Tennessee came first but doesn't date back far enough to know Auburn as a rival. My fanhood of both has yet to cause an issue, though it may next time they play.

12. NorrisAlan

Is that where you got your Bachelors? If so, that is your school. Own it, be proud of it. Just don't see how you can be a fan of two schools, especially two that have been rivals for so long (pre-1992). Just seems very weird to me.

13. RockyHill

Yes that's where I got my degree. Auburn is my school but I grew up in Knoxville and going to Neyland, my love for UT will never go away. I'm not sure when you might say the rivalry ended, but it isn't one now and hasn't really been in my conscious memory.

14. NorrisAlan

Why did you go to Auburn if you loved UT?

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Does that matter? I love UT but went elsewhere.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Better.

17. RockyHill

Maybe I should say my love for UT football.

18. NorrisAlan

I guess I always figured you would be your Alma Mater's fan, in every sport, damn everyone else. And if not, then damn your Alma Mater in all sports and love UT, even if you are a sidewalk alum.

Why I detest VolCats. But that is just me.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't necessarily agree with this. My dad and my grandfather raised me on Tennessee football. If another university had been a better option for the degree I wanted, I'd have gone to another school, but would have still been a Tennessee fan. 4 years at a different school wouldn't/couldn't undo the previous 18 years of being a Tennessee fan.

I wonder if we'd be having this discussion if Auburn were shitty when RHV was there.

20. RockyHill

First paragraph is pretty spot on. And I'll say this, and some of you know this. The difference in general atmosphere on an SEC campus between when you're team is killing and when they suck is massive. It really can't be overstated. Having seen 3-9 versus one of the more magical seasons on record confirms that for me. My friends at UT had South Carolina in 2013 and that was it.