SEC Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kptvol, Mar 4, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

LSU just lost to Auburn by 15 and appears to be in freefall mode. I'm not so sure about that one.

2. kidbourbon

My predictions:

Thursday:
    Arky over LSU
    Bama over dogtrash South Carolina
    Ole Miss over Auburn
    MSU over UGA

Friday:
    UK over Arky by about 90
    Bama over Florida
    Vols over Ole Miss
    Vandy over MSU (though I will be rooting so very very hard for MSU)

Saturday:
    Kentucky over Bama
    Vandy over Vols (I hope I'm wrong, and if we play MSU instead of Vandy, I'll take the Vols).

Sunday:
    Kentucky over Vandy

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think Auburn beats Ole Miss. After that, I'll take the chalk for the rest of the tourney.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'll see your freefall mode and raise you "can't win away from home." Arkansas is 1-5 in their last six and just lost by 20 to a disaster of a Mississippi State team. They're free-falling just as much as anybody. At least LSU played pretty decently on Wednesday.

In SEC play, LSU is 6-2 at home (only losses to Kentucky and Tennessee) and 1-7 on the road (only won at South Carolina). Arkansas is 5-3 at home (lost three straight) and 1-7 on the road (only beat Auburn). I guess they're both looking pretty bad, but I'll take the ones from Louisiana.

5. kidbourbon

If MSU is a disaster, than what shall we call Auburn? The Bubonic Plague?

6. Tar Volon

Sounds right to me. Although Auburn at least managed to beat Georgia and didn't need OT against South Carolina.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I like most of the picks, KB. I don't see Vandy in the finals though. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them get bounced early.

8. kidbourbon

I didn't realize MSU lost to UGA at home. Ouch!

If MSU is the bright kid who has the aptitude to do well, but is extremely unstable and won't show up to class for weeks at a time, then Auburn is the dumb kid who tries hard, but is still just really dumb.

9. kidbourbon

So you see them losing to MSU?

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

MSU's tourney history sure stacks up a lot better than Vandy's. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them choke.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I thought Vandy generally waited till the first round of the NCAA Tourney to make their early exit.

12. kidbourbon

I hope you're right. I'd much rather we play MSU.

13. Tar Volon

No, Vandy's SEC tournament history is almost as bad as their NCAA tournament history. And MSU tends to get it together for the tournament, for whatever reason. Just hope whichever one wins Friday doesn't have it together on Saturday

14. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

I'll take either opponent....beating Vandy again would seal the deal.

15. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Lunardi agrees

16. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

He stealing my material again?

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Has the conference said if all 14 teams will make the tournament next year, or will 2 not make it?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I imagine all teams will make it, but there will be more byes.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So what does everyone think? We handled the Rebel Bears without too much difficulty a couple of weeks ago, but they've been on a tear since. Haven't lost since, including a win over Bama and a beatdown of LSU.