Secondary

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 6, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Specifically the corners.

Watching bama/lsu last night, it is amazing how bad of form our corners have. We do not play the ball. Honestly, I'm not sure what our methodology is at times.

I get part of it is injuries, but still, we don't looked coached there at all. It's something that probably doesn't get mentioned enough due to offensive woes.

Is it Martinez style? Shoop? It just makes no logical sense.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Combination of things.

Mosley is atrocious. Theres a reason everyone throws at him including Tech successfully. Kelly is a step slow.
    Our secondary is the biggest liability on D and that includes when Jumper is on the field.

Warrior needs more snaps

History speaks for Martinez.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Shoop said Mosely is a 3 and he is starting here. We have not recruited the CB position very well outside Sutton.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Martinez has been fired everywhere he's coached

5. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

In regards to the coaching, this does not seem to be a unit where players are getting better while they are here. Due to the sheer athleticism of the position, how much is technique and how much is lack of ability upon arrival?

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bad feet. Bad hips.

And it appears we've not been taught how to consistently find the bal without losing contact with our man.

That and there's times I don't think our secondary knows what coverage we are in.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's one of the things I have noticed the most. They look like they have absolutely no idea what coverage they are suppose to be in.

8. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Martinez, Shoop, or both?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Both.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is stupid, to me, to hire a new coordinator and not let him hire his assistants

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

With as much as we stunt... it's important the secondary gets communicated to what the stunt is. Looks to me like we don't communicate it very well.

12. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I thought the same. Very strange considering (without any in-depth research) little prior history with these guys.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

B.S.I.A.

Oh yeah

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Losing Sutton and Maybin definitely hurt with that. I think their leadership on the field is greatly missed.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's idiotic.

16. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Nothing should shock you with trumpet blower.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]