SEC's worst coach, according to Sporting News is [ddiapos]

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 8, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Sporting News and the BCS coach aren't VFL's.

2. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Awesome, he would not just ban them, just suspend there pm privileges.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Let's be honest, though. Who didn't already know Dooley was the worst coach in the league after seeing how UT stumbled down the stretch last year? And pulling out a last place finish in a horrid SEC East.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

There are a few things I would change about the list, but Dooley being at 14 isn't really one of them. I do think Mullen is too low and Franklin too high. Funny though...this was posted on TOOS as well and if you even suggest that the article is right about Dooley you get lynched for it over there.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Are you really surprised? They do nothing but constantly suck Dooley's [penis] over there. If Dooley walked into their house they would promptly get on their knees and open their mouths.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Can't disagree; Dooley has killed my passion for UTFB.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You might be able to debate the various merits, or lack thereof, of Joker, Dooley, and Freeze, but I'm not really sure anybody can make agood faith argument that we aren't, at this very moment, in the bottom 3 of the conference.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley probably has the edge in recruiting on those two (although both would instantly get a lot better if they were at UT) but I take the other two from an x's and o's standpoint with zero hesitation.

9. cotton

I know very little about Freeze and think Joker sucks. My point was that, although you might argue about positioning among the dregs of the conference, I don't really see anything that would indicate that UT is above the dregs of the conference.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, how embarrassing is it that a second rate program like Arkansas hired an interim coach with a better resume than the guy we gave a five year deal? Mike Hamilton was amazing.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I understand and agree. It's bad.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Mike Hamilton for President!

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

No, not surprised. I just think it's sad that it's reached a point where you can't have a reasonable debate over there with anyone anymore. At least over here you can at least state your opinion for the most part without getting blindly jumpred on by people who can't see two sides to every story or scenario.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It was like I told a friend yesterday who said he wasn't sure Dooley was the worst - when you are arguing WHY your coach isn't the worst in the conference, then you have problems.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Definitely isn't in the conversation for best. That is a problem for a coach at Tennessee. As long as Saban is at Bama, the conversation might be more about second best, but our guy should be in the mix there without question.

16. cotton

I'd take "In the discussion for best in the East," you know, the division that boasts a 67 year old semi-retired golfer, a Georgia coach on the hotseat, the Fridge's OC, Kentucky's Joker, and Will Muschamp.

17. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

He's at or near the bottom of an underwhelming stable of coaches, no doubt. After losing Meyer and Petrino, the list of coaches in the SEC doesn't look quite as good.

18. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

y'know... hurts to say it, but that's very true for me, too.
    last year, there were a couple times where i'd start something on saturday and totally forget we even had a game..

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Full list of all coaches has him sneaking in the top 100 at #99. Whoooooo!

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Three spots behind Bob Davie.................