SECT Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by BigOrangeBeech, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Rumors shifting towards Reid Travis playing for the cats this weekend. A lot of people seem to think he will begin seeing minutes in the rotation on Friday.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm guessing 10

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have heard 10 in the past, but I couldn't find it on the site.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I always expected him.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was honestly anticipating very limited minutes in SECT, followed by full go in NCAAT.

In the end, Cal doesn't give a shit about winning the SECT. He's judged solely on NCAAT success, so I figured he'd play it safe.

I was confident we beat UK if they don't have RT. If he plays significant minutes, I think it's a much harder game to call.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Does a&m have a midget running the point?

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They prefer “dwarf”, rapist.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well, we played unequivocally well against Kentucky, and we played well against LSU until like the last five minutes. We're frustrated at the collapse, but the good ball we played for 90% of that game is still showing up in the numbers. But we still had some obnoxious "screw around for 35 minutes and then win by 10" in the last ten games, and we struggled in basically all of our true road games. I'm guessing Sagarin just has a higher SOS weighting and isn't too mad at us for losing at LSU and Auburn and almost losing at Ole Miss?

A-Smith likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think our SOS massively improved, so that may be a large part of it.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Also possible that people on the board are reading road losses to three good teams as some sort of collapse when it isn't.

tvolsfan, Indy and A-Smith like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2 of which had some extremely questionable calls and really could have gone either way. It's not like anyone walked out of those games thinking "LSU is better than Tennessee" or "Auburn is better than Tennessee."

And yeah, blowout loss to UK is bad, but we more than made up for it the second time around.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Is a dwarf rapist more depraved than just a plain ole rapist?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

pound for pound, yes

InVolNerable likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If we’re talking dwarves, that’s metric.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Barnes is hilarious. Hoping the team is this loose.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Love this team and Barnes has been a blessing.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yes for sure

justingroves likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ole Miss and Bama aren’t the most aesthetically pleasing basketball teams to ever lace em up

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kermit didnt look like coach of the year the last 5 minutes. Horrible offensive possessions and defensive breakdowns

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Him jumping in the pace car and driving it around Bristol is my favorite thing a ut coach has ever done,