SECT Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by BigOrangeBeech, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah, when players like Admiral make plays and shots, discount them for your agenda. As if teams dont have players go off every night.
    Fact is Uni, youve been waiting on this team to fail for a year and cant wait for it to happen so you can remind us adnauseum, remind us about Barnes. What a joke. Months ago picked next to last. 27-4 and you shit on them as soon as you can

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're tired and beat to hell, plus they're about the 20th most athletic team in the country.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nothing of what I said is untrue and I've been here a lot longer than you, these people here can tell you I don't do "I told you". And, yes, Admiral going off the way he did on Gonzaga was great, but not typical and it did she us from losing another big game away from home. It's the only one, though, for this group.

Otherwise, [uck fay] off with your Good Fan Card bullshit and me hoping they lose. If you can't take anything other than infettered happy thoughts all the time without some tough realities, then you are in the wrong [dadgum] place. If you think I don't want this team to win, then you have no [uck fay]ing clue whatsoever and haven't been paying attention one bit.

4. Unimane

They've played the same number of games as anyone else. Frankly, if they're more tired tyson other teams, then it's Barnes fault. Hopefully, though, the little break and the extra day off as a three seed will refresh them.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just seems to be some selfishness underneath the surface that wasn't there before, Turner being the primary one.

Needs to go back to 6th man and let Bowden start. He's struggling big time and it's about to cost this team bigly.

6. Ssmiff

27-4. If you want to [itch bay], dont cry when someone calls you one.

7. Ssmiff

Agree Card. But I think it stems more from trying to make a play or shot rather than just playing. Really wish Jalen could play. Long and consistent shot.
    Pons was getting minutes early in year. His are gone. Alexander was playing well. Fulk has been playing better unfortunately.

Besides shooters going ice cold, one thing i notice ia we arent getting it deep to Grant on the low block really early in the shot clock anymore. We did early in the year and had easy buckets or rhythm kick out 3s. I believe its a combo of being gassed and scouting not allowing Bone and Grant to make it happen

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Barnes has admitted he's been too hard on his teams before.

9. Unimane

No, you aren't calling anyone out. You want to do the daisies and rainbows bit and ignore some glaring issues which were developing, then that's perfectly fine. However, don't demand everyone else participate in doing this, especially when the things I was saying in January to be concerned about actually did turn out to be an issue.

So, you want to just be happy about the record, fine. I never busted on you for it until you decided to play board policeman of people's attitudes. So, [uck fay] off for requiring everyone else to be on board with whatever you think should be acceptable. I deal with reality and what I see.

10. Unimane

That's been my concern for a while, especially when I saw him continue to play starters deep into blowouts and his solly justification for it. Like I said, hopefully, he's been able to manage this better this year. We'll see shortly.

11. Ssmiff

nah. Card frustrated and you see me discussing aspects of the team.
    Because hes not a whiny [itch bay]

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Scouting is part of it. No doubt teams have adjusted. We've started going to Grant and Alexander up top way more to run the offense than we did early. Don't know if you can force it down low, but we've got to figure out a way to start running it through him on the block again. We're much better when we do.

Also think Turner wants to play hero, which in turn makes Admiral want to play hero. That three he took down 75-72 yesterday was terrible. He was 25 feet out with plenty of time left on the clock. He had his mind made up as soon as they scored he was shooting.

13. Ssmiff

Barking up the wrong tree in hoops when you discount wins due to a player going off. Ignorance.
    If Grant hadnt led the sec in scoring this year, we wouldnt have won so many games. Brilliant. Next I'll read we wouldnt have won 27 if other teams didnt miss shots and we were lucky they did.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nothing of what you said is untrue because you didn’t really say anything.

You didn’t provide a whole lot of back up for why you think what you think.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We don’t lose @LSU without them having a player go off. We don’t beat UK if Bone doesn’t go off.

It’s basketball. Players go off.

16. Unimane

I, and he, was referring to the collection of things I have been saying for a couple of months now.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would encourage those wavering on emotional investment to center themselves and just enjoy being the newest dark horse of March, it could be all the more fun.

I don't think uni is really pissing on this team and staff, he just sees the warts. I do agree with ssmiff that we have had a lot to be happy about. until we have multiple McDonald's all-americans (2020-2021, I see you) we are playing with house money.

there is a hell of a lot left to play for than the regular season title, which isn't usually remembered.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Fair enough.

Unimane likes this.
  19. Unimane

Grant playing well and consistent isn't the same thing as Admiral hitting a flurry of threes to close out a game. Don't be silly, which is, basically, what your last paragraph is.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I remember a lot of people reacting similarly after we got blown out @UK. Lots of “this team is done.”

We bounced back fine from that. I think we will be fine here too.