SECT Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by BigOrangeBeech, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, exactly. I enjoy this team very much. I just don't do be happy no matter what. I see some glaring issues, but I'm still at the edge of my seat every game. The only time I've been really pissed at this team was yesterday.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've not seen this team able to win the type of games we'll see in the next few weeks. We didn't last year and have a tendency to tighten up in big games outside of Knoxville. I hope this changes, but I'll have to see it before I believe it.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

IP it will be a disappointing end to a great year if we dont play well and [uck fay] it up.
    No doubt about it.
    Rainbows and butterflies shouldnt be confused with perspective, as in 2 OT road losses to top 10 teams and 1 to #1 seed.
    Barnes must adjust. Alexander has to be a weapon. Defense has to stop giving guys their strong hand. Our 2 guards have to hit 35% of their 3s, which is equivelant to roughly 50% shooting from 2, and, we have to get back to the ft line. Iirc, in all 4 losses, teams have made more fts than we have shot.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right. This group here expects championships. It's a good thing. I'd hate for us to devolve into "true fan" BS. Everybody here is on this ride until it ends, no matter what they say. The lap bar was welded down on the orange rollercoaster long ago.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I'd frame the 3 point issue a little differently, if I were trying to adjust play. I would say that 3's should only be shot when clearly open after being kicked back from the paint or otherwise virtually uncontested, or in the last 5 seconds of the shot clock. No more transition 3's if there is not a real rebounding advantage under the basket. No more early shot clock contested 3's.

If you look at where a lot of the misses are happening, it is in large part early shot clock 3's. I think addressing that would get the percentages to where you want them.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll watch, but emotional investment is down to West Virginia football game levels. I'm just not letting myself expect anything more than the bare minimum.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[​IMG]

8. CardinalVol

That what you did after Sab raped you in the back of his Van, [uck fay]-face?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Beat Gonzaga and Louisville on neutral court. Took Kansas to OT on neutral court and might have won it if Grant hadn’t fouled out.

I didn’t see the same thing others saw yesterday. Thought we were careless with the ball at times, but I saw a lot of good defensive possessions late. Definitely didn’t get the sense we were folding under the pressure or giving up.

10. CardinalVol

Now, please go on and opine some more on your stance that poor shot selection and poor shooting are the same thing, [uck fay]-face.

Please bestow some more of you basketball intellect on us.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Grow up.

12. CardinalVol

Because you are a [uck fay]ing moron.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re overreacting.

14. CardinalVol

Is that what you told your 15 year old students you were trying to get with?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re a grown man repeating drivel that another grown man made up about someone he has never met.

Again, grow up.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you have examples to back up your opinion that we folded or gave up? Or are you just doubling down on an emotional reaction to a tough loss on the road to a team that got a lot of bounces on their senior day?

17. CardinalVol

I was going to just pass over this, but since you decided to be [uck fay]-face again, time to call out more of your stupidity.

You'd rather play a team of length athletic players coached by one of the best in the game on a neutral court than an average team whose home/away performance are very wide on a neutral court? Want to make sure I am reading your dribble correctly, because if so that just another feather in your [uck fay]ing stupidity cap.

18. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

The fact that Grant Williams didn't get 20 shot attempts yesterday was criminal. Time and time again he has answered the bell when needed and for whatever reason this team wants to shoot perimeter shots.

For this team to win, they must execute their own gameplan and not deter from that. Individually, this team isn't going to beat top tier teams 1 on 1, so the fact they have been doing this since the second half of the Arkansas game leaves me to believe that it won't change.

IP likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

I'm sorry, did they also realize you were a [uck fay]-face as well when you tried to hit on them?

20. CardinalVol

Yeah [uck fay]-face, because we held a double digit lead multiple times yesterday and had chances to land the knockout blow because of ill-advised shots and shitty defense. But please keep hanging on to your block to the open man for three as evidence of bad luck and playing hard.

Because our offense went to selfish hero basketball down the stretch yesterday, after we had multiple shot clock violations not having the first damn clue what was going on.

Because we've 2 games in the last 3 weeks that we should have won, refs be damned.

Because we've beaten Gonzaga on the road/neutral court as the only win over a top 15 team the last 2 years.

So please [uck fay]-face, tell me more about what you saw so we can all laugh about it some more.