SECT Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by BigOrangeBeech, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jay always talks about folks on here being "good people." Is ^this^ what good people looks like to you? Why not drop the insults and made up stuff and just talk basketball?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Because you are a long-standing [uck fay]ing moron and I've just decided to treat you accordingly, [uck fay]-face.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'd like to play the team we just beat 71-54 despite not really playing that well over the team that we needed a final possession charge far from the basket to get past. Ole Miss nearly beat us and UK within the last 2 weeks.

As far as their home/away records, maybe I'm missing something (I am an idiot, after all), but I see a win @Auburn for Ole Miss, as well as a win @Miss St. Best away win I see for Miss St is @Ole Miss. So if I'm missing something, please, let me know.

4. CardinalVol

Who the [uck fay] mentioned records? I said performances. They play much better in Oxford that they do on the road. One bad game against LSU and 8 solid conference games in Oxford and a lot worse on the road.

But please, tell me more why you'd rather play State, [uck fay]-face.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Kansas is a prime example, to me. It's a game we should have won, but didn't. We fell apart at the end and it wasn't the first time. Gonzaga took an out of body experience by Admiral and that's the only non-home win of note the last two years. Louisville isn't a notable win this year.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Our last double digit lead disappeared with 4 minutes left in the first half. It was a 6 point game at halftime. You're acting like we blew a double digit lead with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd.

The shot clock violations were bad. I will give you that. The selfish hero ball thing I'll buy to an extent. We definitely had poor shot selection at times, but it's tough for me to fault a guy like Admiral for trying to hit a 2nd 3 in a row when he's currently 3-3. Turner on the other hand... yeah, too many bad shots.

It's hard to win conference games on the road. Tough losses happen late, especially when the refs and bounces go the other way.

Go back and watch the last 15 minutes of the game. We had a number of very good defensive possessions that ended with Auburn sinking a highly contested 3. The effort was there through the end.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Vs ks, if i recall, we were up 2 with the ball in POY hands with not much time left. He made one of the few bad plays he has made this year. Not a 3. Not an early shot. Grant on the block with the ball and no double team.
    Vs top teams. Vs any team, I'll take that all day.
    If people want to blame Barnes, bring up March which was done 5 seconds after the buzzer, call out their effort or say they never believed they could win, so be it.
    We are watching different games and its fine with me.

8. CardinalVol

Thought we got it to 10, only got it to 7 with 15 to go. So we only got outscored by 11 and not 14, so I guess that's a good thing.

We gave up 49 in the second half. There is nowhere on earth in college basketball where giving up 49 in a half can remotely be equated with good defense and effort.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10, actually. Not that it matters that much.

They had a 3 that was actually a 2 and should have been a turnover.

They also had a 3 that was the result of a clean block with 5 seconds left in the shot clock. Again, effort was there. Bad bounces happen.

To their credit, they only turned the ball over twice in the 2nd half. I'm sure a portion of that can be attributed to us, but they also took care of the ball extremely well. 49 points gets a lot easier when you take care of the ball.

10. Unimane

We should not have lost against Kansas, but it happens. What even you can't, or shouldn't, deny is our stryghle to win big games outside of home. It's an issue.

Oh, and as to an earlier point of yours, there's zero doubt that you want us to win as much as being a fan as you would to tell all if us Negative Nancied how wrong we were. It wouldn't be the first time you did this. Guys like Card and I don't care if we are wrong, if it means we won.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Define "fell apart."

Grant fouled out with 1:24 to go, and those free throws brought it to a tie game. We struggled in OT with out Grant, but most teams will struggle without their best player (Duke). A good team beat another good team in overtime. Not sure much more needs to be read into there.

If ACC teams get to benefit from beating a ranked UL team throughout the season in conference play, then I'm going to take credit for beating them too.

I do think your criticism is fair, just to be clear. I don't think our away losses have been all that damning, but we have struggled to get over the top against good teams on the road.

Lastly, pointing out the "out of body experience" by Admiral against Gonzaga is not a fair assessment. If we are looking at it that way, might as well consider @LSU this year a win.

12. Ssmiff

Make up shit uni, you little emotional basketcase. I dont come on here after the fact talking shit. Not my style. You said ive done it before. Name it.
    But i'll make an exception for you. You whine and whine and complain and talk about how we cant see what you have seen for 2 months. Shut the [uck fay] up. Go yell at your tv more in front of your kids, jackass.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Both teams play much better at home than they do on the road. I don't think Miss St's "performances" or "record" suggest that they're a better road team than Ole Miss.

I'm looking at recent games more than the entire conference season. They're play against us and UK in the last week and a half (even if the performances were at home) worry me.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can we just talk basketball? The personal stuff is tired and unwarranted.

15. Unimane

Not we, you. Plenty of people noted the potential pitfalls as it isn't rocket science. You were too busy shouting everyone down with "shut up, were 27-4!" demands of all.

Everyone here wants us to win, just stop with the demands of correct fan attitude.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We have to win the SECT, and convincingly, to even have a shot at a 1 seed.

Like others have said, I don’t know how we do that with both Turner and Bowden completely no-showing.

17. Ssmiff

18. Tenacious D

This might be the most painfully accurate post I’ve ever read.

19. Unimane

Brilliant analysis. What does it mean going foward?

20. Tenacious D

We’ve got to get more out of that spot, for sure.

Would you go Bowden, or Johnson? I think Johnson has the potential to do more on offense, but just that - potential. And isn’t his defense terrible?