SECT Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by BigOrangeBeech, Mar 9, 2019.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I saw a fan ejected during the review of grants non-flagrant. Don't throw things. Use your words.

I will be there too.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Very proud of The 8th’s showing tomorrow.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Hey, I've been to every torney since '95 except, I think, two, and I saw a couple before that. So maybe I'm a masichism, but I don't give up.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm in if someone picks me and my son up and has an extra wheelchair

IP likes this.
  5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If you don't get at least 1 BBQ chant going, you will have failed us...lol

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Went back and watched the second half again. I tallied the bad calls/no calls against each team that I felt were 100%, without a doubt wrong. Counted 8 that went against UT and 3 against UK.

A lot of UK fans are complaining about bad calls against RT. His 5th foul was definitely not a foul, but he got away with a few, including a push when Alexander fouled out.

Went back and watched our really bad stretch a third time as well (10:55 - 6:14). We missed open shots, made stupid plays, failed to get Grant the ball down low, and played awful defense. With all that being said, we got absolutely BONED by the stripes during this period. Here’s what I saw:

10:55 - Alexander’s 5th foul should have been a no call or a push on RT. Inexcusable.

10:30 - Admiral very clearly fouled in the act of shooting. Should’ve been at the line shooting 2.

8:08 - RT fouled Williams in the act of shooting. No call.

6:14 - VERY similar look to the play above at the 8:08 mark, but on our end. Honestly, there was less contact, but they call a foul on Grant.

Consider this - at the 7 minute mark, I counted the tally of undeniable bad calls/no calls at 6-0 in UK’s favor. And I left out a number of them that were questionable. I really tried to be unbiased and only include the ones that were sure things. Anyone is free to call me on any of them. The tape don’t lie.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Interesting observations. It's time to get a girlfriend, Indy.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My girlfriend is a UT alumna who watched it again and broke it down with me.

Call me whatever names y’all want, but if there’s one thing I’m good at, it was picking the right woman.

A-Smith and GahLee like this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sab doesn't count as a girlfriend

utvol0427, RockyHill and A-Smith like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

She’s got a degree. No way it could be Sab.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

FB_IMG_1552795680954.jpg

GahLee likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

is she a redhead?

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Lol

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Q. You obviously know Tennessee very well after three games.

JOHN CALIPARI: Six games in two years. They’re all wars. I don’t know why I recommended that Rick take this job. If I’d have known he was doing this to us, I would have said, Stay at Texas, don’t even come up here.

hohenfelsvol, A-Smith and GahLee like this.
  15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

On a scale from 1-10, how into Spanish culture is she?

A-Smith likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nope

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Today is the day. Let’s have fun winning championships.

PilotFlyingJ and hohenfelsvol like this.