Semi annual volnation thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Mar 28, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can't say i agree that sending PMs should have greatly angered them. Those who did this were not taking money out of freak's pocket or something. it's not materially different than if I PMed someone here and told them about a great BBQ message board i frequent. Now it is true I never PMed anyone about the 8th, but i can't honestly say it was because i felt i was betraying VN or something. it was simple laziness. I did predict that freak would be pissed, but only because i consider(ed) him a order at all costs type of guy who stood behind others willing to do the dirty work for him.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

For all involved, to some degree. We were not blameless.

3. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

ron is overseas I think, Toter is covered up at work I believe, dont know about NC guy. I miss Hman. I can never catch him on

4. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

less than 2 weeks to go. I pray I dont make it that long

5. Tenacious D

Pulling the attention of his members, if only partially, does take money out of his pocket, at some point. Less site visits = less members = less content = less reason to come back = less cause for more and new visitors = Google Ads take a hit. And its not like the people who came here weren't heavy-hitters over there, as most of us had over 10,000 posts, with some near 30K (IIRC)

And it is different in that we are both message boards that deal with Tennessee sports.....I totally see your point, but I don't think that Freak appreciates the differences between our sites, believing them to be nuanic and unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

If I wasn't banned I'd be posting on both sites... mainly on TOOS to call out morons in the basketball forum, but I'd still post in both places if they weren't such douches.

7. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I miss Ron and I miss Nerds hilarious schtick. His comments in that thread today on VN are vintage Nerd.

8. Tenacious D

And that's the irony....the greatest "harm" that they have incurred in all of this has been self-inflicted.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How much coin does Freak bring in from VN? Anyone have any idea or educated guesses?

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Nice thread. Cheers, OE.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Between $20,000 to $30,000 annually, is what I was told once by someone who claimed to know. If I had to guess, it would be on the lower end of that, or below.

12. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I just had a Klondike bar and it was glorious. Quick! Everyone go get one!

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn.

14. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

lmao

All those years I was pro bono and didnt know it.

15. OrangeEmpire

Stop it.................

16. OrangeEmpire

God love Behr

Love you 27 & Ego!

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No mention of Indy. This hurts.

18. OrangeEmpire

Weezer bringing the rain!

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I got on VN the other day. I'm perma banned but can still sign on. Crazy to think that I had 15k posts over there and wasn't even close to as deeply involved as most of you were when you got banned. Also noticed I had 220 "likes." Not sure where that came from, as I'm pretty sure they invented those after I was banned.

20. OrangeEmpire

Who are you?

I know Hat hates you?

Are you the infamous kicker tackle guy?