Semi annual volnation thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Interesting demographic info from Alexa.com:
    Based on internet averages, volnation.com is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 25-34 and have no college education.

Based on internet averages, 8thmaxim.com is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 25-34, are graduate school educated and browse this site from work.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Makes sense. Lots of it.

Gotta find some way to "stick it to the man". That's just an old saying before anyone gets started.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

damn it, caught red-handed

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Personally, one of my favorite things about this site is when someone who may have been a source of strife elsewhere, comes in, speaks their peace, and end up hanging around and being a regular - despite whatever trepidation they (or others) may have had as to the welcome they expected to receive, especially in a forum as lax as this one.

Not to call anyone out, and its strictly complimentary even if it does, but several come to mind - you (Pooch), Eric, Limpleg, Sab, etc.

Perhaps what some perceived as "keeping the peace" elsewhere, actually only prevented the airing of grievances, and stifled everyone from moving on soon thereafter. Instead, things just stayed on a slow-boil, and would erupt at any moment. Simply, in "preventing it", they were actually exacerbating and elongating it. Just a thought.

5. Tenacious D

Hobby Lobby has Wi-Fi?

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I actually enjoy Limpleg here. Can't stand what I read of his over at VN, but when he's here I have no problem with him.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I know the Mouse's Ear does.

8. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I'm in the same group as Sab...... I will now eat the internet cyanide. Jk. Luv you, Sab....

9. JayVols

I wish my wife understood that. I have to hear her answer "nothing" to my "What's wrong" question 34 times before we can get the shit out in the open, deal with it, and move on. It's quite exhausting to be honest.

10. Tenacious D

As do I.

11. JayVols

I don't disagree.

He has no "backup" or "protection" here......Amazing what owning what you post and allowing the post to be challenged can do. And I'm speaking for all of us on that.

12. JayVols

Just start making avatar art for recruits and become our "recruiting guru".

13. PoochPunt3rdDown

Also, Itch got banned. Can we have Itch back? I miss the dude.

14. PoochPunt3rdDown

On it. I've always wanted to belong!

15. JayVols

If he's gonna act like the ass he was last time, I vote, nay.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I consider perma banning a badge of honor.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The mere fact you, of all people, received a permaban is the biggest travesty of it all.

What was done throughout from their side was petty and childish. I was not blameless in my banning. But how they've reacted since everything happened is much the way that my 3 year old daughter would have. Actually, scratch that. She's mature enough to see her fault and not hold a grudge.

18. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

thats cause youre over here lol

19. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

hahahahahhahhaha! poor spanky :)

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

You are Newt?

Newt was the person Tenny.

It is possible I have newt and itch confused for each other.