Semi annual volnation thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Mar 28, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It comes down to fools being butt-hurt when their juvenile fantasies regarding a highly regarded player don't come true. Hurd didn't run for 100 yards in his first game? He sucks!

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nah....

He's just soft.....

3. JayVols

And there you have Phil's excuse for not playing talented freshman running backs early in the season.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I was me and I did laugh it off.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly this.

It blows my mind that adults get so wrapped up in this, that they legitimately let themselves hate a guy for not living up to their standards.

6. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

They started a thread about our Heard being spoor mans version of ur Hurd. I'll admit, after the game when they were roasting Heard for 2 carries, 2Td's against UT Martin, I asked how Hurd's debut went. Needless to say I got no response lol.

And I know it's comparing apples to oranges. I just wanted to see the reaction.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He adjusted well after that. His lead block on Pig's TD shows he more than willing to throw a block. Watching him cut that LB at the knees was one if my favorite moments from the game.

8. JayVols

I'm a Hurd Turd. That excuse Phil gave always pissed me off. He was the coach.... Get his freshman ass ready.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Out of the East....
    ....Arose a sleeping giant. Clad in Orange with a Power T on their crest and forged into one team by the fire of battle. From the ashes of the darkest period in their history they did rise to the voice of Butch Jones - Coach of the Tennessee Volunteers!
    In Coach Jones heart beats the tradition and honor required to be a Tennessee Vol. It is with his mind he has formulated the winning game plan to return this program to greatness. It is with his ears he listens to the voice of the General whose maxims still grace these hallowed grounds. It is with his voice and his actions he has instilled the winning ways into a group of young men, both on and off the field. He knows he can not build this program on words, but only by the deeds and actions required to win.
    Brick-By-Brick is his mantra. To his detractors, an open ended excuse. To the believers, a foundation to build an empire. To our opponents, it is the blue print for future domination. I say it may take 4 to 5 years, or it my take three, but it shall come to pass and there shall come a time in the not so distant future, when the rest of the SEC shall point and say - there is where WE want to be!

GO BIG ORANGE!!!

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

that was gay

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

"His detractors, an open-ended excuse." I don't understand what that means.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I speak a little VN.

"His detractors think 'brick-by-brick' is an excuse for not winning now, and furthermore, it is an excuse that doesn't commit him to higher standards at any definite time in the future."

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If it gets them through the night, more power to that mentality.

I hold my coaches to a higher standard at UT, though.

14. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

If results this season show that Butch is not a coach, then the football forum over there will be gold.

Note: I'm not saying he can't coach. I am actually expecting UT to have s good year.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee should win 8 or 9, unless the coaching is terrible

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Average coaching wins 8. Good coaching wins 9 plus. Less than 8......not sure what I will call it.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Less than 8 and I call year 4 his last year unless he wins a BCS game.

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Less than 8 is definitely Botch. Hoping that's not the case, but I've got battered fan syndrome, much like anyone else who's paid attention for the last decade.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

less than 8 and I'm definitely skeptical of where we're headed

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Regular season, correct?