Semi annual volnation thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

A lot of the older Gamecock fans that I've talked to over the years always talk about him and how much they liked him as a coach. What could have been in 1984...of course, that was before my time.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The collapse against Navy still makes no sense. That was an awesome South Carolina team. The Todd Ellis throwing the ball to Sterling Sharpe was the next greatness.

3. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I wish I could've watched them play. Can't figure out the Navy thing myself, but that sort of loss seems to epitomize our history. Close, but no cigar. And goodness, we haven't been close offen, so that makes it that much more frustrating. I don't know enough about the teams of that year to really comment either way, but many Gamecocks I have spoke to think that was our year....until the Navy game.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'll just leave this here.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha ha ha

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's unbelievable. I do not believe it. It is beyond belief.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Al Wilson is laughing his ass off right about now.

Is that standard fare on other boards?

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The Volnation football forum is in it's own class of special.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

A board that size (60,000+) is going to have its share of idiots. It's hard to read anything in the football forum because it's run by them. Occasionally you'll find someone who has a brain but you've got sift through a lot of bullshit to find it.

10. OrangeEmpire

I'm amazed the brainiacs are allowed to post in the ff.

I was banned from the ff forum after I announced the then Miami Redhawks Coach as the next head man at UT.

I guess using the names of AD as sources wasn't kosher.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Al Wilson and Eric Westmoreland, no shit, could run with the majority of the WRs on this roster and that's not a knock on the 2015 WRs, as I think they're a very good group.

12. OrangeEmpire

Raynoch, baby!

One of my favorites

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The 98 d line laughs at that assessment.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just think we have to do something about meth. This is dangerous to have people walking around this far out of their gourd.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My name is Walter Hartwell White. I live at 308 Negra Arroyo Lane, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104. This is my confession. If you’re watching this tape, I’m probably dead

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I refuse to believe that's a serious post

17. hatvol96

Read the basketball forum. Even worse.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I literally haven't been on that site in years. Pretty sure I'm better off.

19. hatvol96

Well, just know BYU won the title. South Carolina, if they beat Navy, could have simply declined a bowl bid and won the title. At worst, they would have gone to the Holiday Bowl and beat hell out of BYU.

20. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I can't remember his name - I think it's bleedingTNorange - but I think dude lives on VN. He had thousands upon thousands of posts after just over a month there iirc.