Sen Chuck Schumer to introduce bill to “decriminalize” marijuana

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Apr 19, 2018.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The interstate commerce makes sense. Got it. I think a few places down here applied and were granted the licenses to grow it if the medical stuff ever gets worked out.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When it involves returning rights to individual citizens, why not? Since we have given up pissing and moaning over anything other than only the most politically hyped over reaches of the feds, should we not demand the Washington overlords (how is this not a professional sports team nickname, btw?) return our individual rights fully instead of being the gutless, power-grabbing rulers they are?

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I was gonna go vote to decriminalize, but then I got high

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I would think the people would have more power if they were able to cite precedent, rather than starting the fight before the precedent is established.

Use this as a stepping stone to achieve the next one, rather than fighting this one because we haven't achieved everything, today.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Less inconsistent with federal law. Best I got.

ETA: This is a federal bill -- should have opened the link first.

ETA2: sometimes these things have to go in baby steps to get it passed.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I appreciate your adherence to libertarian principles. Mostly, I'm with you.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Agree.

One reason why I rage about insurance companies to which I pay premiums to cover drug costs, yet they refuse to cover a drug "for my protection".

I wish I could vote out those running insurance companies.

kmf600 likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm pretty close to this position. I do think serious addictions warrant medical/psychiatric intervention

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, I like the idea, but I'm not wild about my neighbors doing bath salts and then trying to eat my face.

IP and JayVols like this.
  11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can I interest you in a belt accessory? Something around a .45?

Volst53 likes this.
  12. JayVols

Agreed. That's a legit concern.

13. JayVols

While I don't disagree, it's kind of cumbersome to make sure one is armed 24/7.

That & there's something wrong with feeling the need to carry on one's own property. But that's just me.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t the chance of that happening would increase due to it being legal.

However we do live in a world of uncertainty besides Tennessee going to do Tennessee things.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Are pretty faces more palatable? Tenny and I may be in the clear.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yay 2nd Amendment

17. JayVols

You're right.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I set my lathe up in front of my garage and typically have my .40 on me. If I'm in my front yard, I usually have my gun, backyard behind the locked gate. I leave the gun in the house.

19. JayVols

What kind of lathe work do you do? I do pens & a few wands for a buddy of mine that's been into magic since we were kids. Don't hate on him for liking magic. He's really dang good, and he also does a lot of shows for sick & underpriviliged kids for free. Plus, he's a PhD inorganic chemist at a Fortune 500 company- BS & MS from UT & PhD from Texas A&M.

Here's some of my work. Please don't laugh. I'm 100% self taught. Just bought a lathe & screwed up A LOT of wood trying to learn...and I'm still trying to learn. NOTE: You'll be able to see better if you click to enlarge the pictures, flaws & all.

Acrylics Raw Materials:

[​IMG]

Acrylics- Finished Products

[​IMG]

30-06 Cartridge Pen w/Bolt Action Pen Clicker, Rifle Pen Clip & Woodlands Camo Acrylic Pen Blank:

[​IMG]

Padauk Tropical Wood Pen:

[​IMG]

Street Performer's One Piece Magic Wands- Tropical Cocobolo Wood:

[​IMG]

5 Piece Banded Wand- Wood Bands & Shaft w/Acrylic Tips:

[​IMG]

MWR, gcbvol, IP and 1 other person like this.
  20. chef65

chef65 Contributor

The only people against the legalization of weed I respect intellectually are those also opposed to the current status of alcohol and tobacco.

Even as someone who suffered the worst possible consequence of marijuana ( psychosis resulting in hospitalization), I can acknowledge that it objectively engenders less harm/is less addictive than booze and Marlboro.

IP likes this.