Sen Chuck Schumer to introduce bill to “decriminalize” marijuana

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Apr 19, 2018.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm just on the Harbor Freight mini lathe. I do the same type of stuff, pens, some small turning projects from Rockler, a couple of bowls, and funny enough a conductor's baton, like a magic wand I guess. I'm self taught too, went through a bunch of wood learning, and it's not easy finding wood down here.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

20180421_095410.jpg 20180421_095500.jpg 20180421_095521.jpg

MWR, gcbvol, JayVols and 2 others like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nice work, both of you.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I kinda want to hear that story.

Ssmiff likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Thanks, I made the cutting board for the wife. Made a couple of kitchen knives too. Anyway, it's funny how carving pens out of spinning wood makes me feel good.

JayVols likes this.
  6. chef65

chef65 Contributor

It happened about two years ago. I'm not quite ready to share all the explicit details but I will say I had been on my way to crazy town for a few months before my first encounter with cannabis. I'm actually thankful that it brought everything to a head where even I knew I needed help.

I was out of the country visiting my father for Christmas and had an associate of his fetch me some grass. My condition deteriorated over the course of about half a week of smoking to the point where I insisted on leaving early. I'm not sure what I smoked (the guy later said he "thought I was an experienced smoker" so who the hell knows) or how I managed to get home. Unfortunately I haven't spoken to my father since and likely never will again. I don't blame him given the things I said/did.

Were I religious I'd probably have some interesting takes on some of the things that happened to me. All I can really do is scratch my head and chalk some things up to hallucinations/false memories, etc. Ultimately I'm a bit more of an agnostic now than uncompromising atheist.

Anyway, it's possible I had something synthetic/laced and could handle the natural stuff. I'm not inclined to find out though.

IP likes this.
  7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's some really nice work.

I have some spalted maple blanks like your pens that I haven't made anything out of yet. It's stabilized & I don't prefer working with stabilized wood.

I haven't tried a bowl yet. I don't have the tools to turn any.

Get you a lathe stabilizer (if you don't have one). They really help when turning long, thin items.
    [​IMG]

MWR and kmf600 like this.
  8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It takes your mind off your troubles. You have to focus 100% on what you're doing or you'll screw up.

Oh, if you decide to do acrylics, buy you some micro sanding pads. I sand using regular paper (150, 220, 340, 400 & 600 grits). They work great for just wood, but acrylics will still be scratched up after a 600 grit. I wet sand, or more appropriately polish, using the wet pads to a 20,000 grit. Makes acrylics shine like a new penny.

kmf600 likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think you got some bad weed.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

A, that wasn't weed. B, if it was, it was too strong. C, hydrate and take a break for goodness sake. D, my dad died years ago. Grudges with parents aren't cool. jmo. There will never be Peace. It's up to ourselves to find it. If you can't find it, it's on you.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is probable, but I know a friend that had horrible reactions to ordinary pot and had all manner of hallucinations on it when her friends did not.

So it is possible he had a bad reaction to some normal pot.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Where do you get this? Also, where do you get you wood, acrylic, and supplies from?

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cannabis Induced Psychosis is a thing.

But really asthmatics need to be most aware. It can cause a bronchospasm.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Did you eat it or smoke it?

15. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Smoked it.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I've heard vague talk about such things, but no one who had experienced it firsthand.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm ready to turn a bong on my lathe.

warhammer likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Im thinking Labrador? Possibly?

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Chernobyl. Or albino rhino

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am glad the story did not involve jail in a foreign Country and that you found the help you needed.

chef65 likes this.