Sen. Tom Cotton on GITMO

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

At it's peak, I think the standard of proof was very poor. I doubt any of these guys are completely innocent. But you've got to be fairly far over in the spectrum before triggering death. For those there through guilt by association, I would have a hard time with it.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm most concerned that the official being questioned offered little to no resistance to such a logically flawed self-aggrandizing spiel by Cotton. Find someone with a backbone next time to challenge bullshit thrown at him.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does it somehow make the world simpler to pretend like my opinions fit some archetype, or is it like a fetish?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is that the only options available, in your mind? Because I can think of many possibilities, including holding them state-side. What are we afraid of? Rule of law?

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What's the point, though? Do we put them in Leavenworth in gen pop, where they get popped, and then we look bad for not protecting them? Keep them isolated in their own wing? Does that mean we have to crown an already overcrowded system?

Do we build a new facility?

The stain is already there. So I really don't think we greatly improve our image.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think its safer for them to be out of the country.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Give me some guesses as to what percentage of Americans agree with - celebrate, even - his response?

I'd say 75%, bare minimum.

Might doesn't make right, but at some point, votes do count.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Obama being in office proves that point

9. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It would be wise to always take the other side vs whatever the half literate, obese, completely dumbed down American sheeple support. 'Merica!!

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Like 9/11 and the moon landing hoax.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're telling me we had the ability to build the facilities at an isolated naval station, but we couldn't possibly build a new facility here?

The overcrowded system would take us on a tangent away from this, I think. Because we have a punitive system and many petty, vice-related laws with for-profit companies running the prisons we have an overcrowded system. The Gitmo gang can either be held in a military prison here in the states (new or existing).

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uh, go back and listen to the video in the OP. Gitmo has nothing to do with the threat, remember? You can't have it both ways and say they are a threat here but not there.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

IP is what is completely wrong with a two party system.

Takes the token left view on all things regardless of common sense or what's best.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

All major military crimes go to Leavenworth. On base systems are not meant to do more than provide temporary holding. Remember, the military can just kick you out and let your general delinquency be someone else's problem.

When GITMO started, it was a bunch of dog runs and tarps.

Why build a second facility now?

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think the Republican senator using the forum to go on a self-aggrandizing, condescending show against an administration official is a far better example than some guy posting on a message board.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What a warped perspective you have.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Both sides are overly guilty. Over-ly.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yet I can think for myself. Not what my party tells me to think.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I arrive at my positions completely independently. Go look at who started the Bergdahl and Benghazi threads, and realize how twisted your perception of me is.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bullshit. You're a party line thinker. There's millions of you on both sides. Just embrace it and admit it.

I'll be the first to tell you, though, that it's dangerous and dumb as all hell.