Serial

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 20, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So you think the cops fed Jay the story to say?

I see that point, I just don't know if I can really get on board. I've definitely considered it. I will say, if true, then the racial/religious aspect of this takes a whole new meaning.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How long are the episodes?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

varies from 1 hr to 30 min.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think they totally fed it to him, I think they met somewhere in the middle. I think there could be a larger criminal aspect to this, considering Jay's background of selling drugs. Could be covering for someone else.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It is.

Looked tonight. No luck.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I've considered this. Someone much scarier than Anand could have been driving Jay.

7. CardinalVol

Possible, but who?

What was Jay's connection to Hae that makes her the target? Why not Jenn or Stephanie if you are making a point or getting even with Jay? Or why does Adnan say ANYTHING if he's involved with something deeper? Or if he knew Hae was involved with something deeper?

The ONLY way this makes sense to me is if Jay is out in Adnan's car, Hae sees it, thinks it's Adnan, and witnesses something that she should not have witnessed. And if that is the case, like Dana says, Adnad is just the unluckiest guy on earth.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I honestly have no idea, but as IP referenced Jay did have acquaintances on the shady side. It's just this whole case pivots around Jay, and I'm trying to figure out why he might falsely accuse Adnan (if he did). If what Jay says is true then Adnan is either a) a high functioning psychopath, or b) has some sort of selective amnesia/has made a lie the truth in his mind. He just doesn't come across as a psychopath to me; he seems genuine. Of course, if he is high functioning could I even peceive of it? I just don't know. Jay certainly comes across believable too, even though he's lied multiple times. Oxymoron, I know.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I enjoyed this as much as the next person but I've felt uneasy about the (needless?) opening of old wounds for Hae's family for public spectacle. It would be one thing if it exonerated Adnan, but another entirely to simply get to the end and say, eh, maybe he did maybe he didn't? Of course, this is what Dateline NBC and 20/20 have done for years I suppose.

What do I think? Jay and Adnan are responsible in some way for the death.

10. CardinalVol

Better or worse, it's part of life.

And it many still be the catalyst that exonerates Adnan depending on how The Innocence Project's work plays out.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've NEVER sold drugs, thank you very much.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

13. CardinalVol

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Exonerates? Seems there arguably wasn't enough evidence to convict, but definitely don't think there is enough to prove his innocence, either.

15. CardinalVol

DNA test "could" do it. Not saying it will or won't, but would gone him his last chance.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I tend to agree. He's ****ed now, because the burden of proof has now shifted.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Reporter seems to make some assumptions and interpretations that push more toward him being innocent. Guy can't recall his whereabouts during time of murder? Just kids not remembering their typical day to day stuff. Not evidence of anything. No one remembers seeing the guy talk to Hai in her car? Evidence that it didn't happen.

18. CardinalVol

I still think he did it. After reading that article, I'm a bit more convinced he did it.

I was just replying to jo's comment that the whole thing might lead to his exoneration, not that it would, and that it might not be just to do it.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Currently listening to the last episode. Two inescapable problems for Adnan: 1.) The fact that he claims to not remember anything specific because it "was just another day" even though the police called him and spoke to him about his just recently ex-girlfriend gone missing. There's no way that makes sense in any way; 2.) His cell phone pinging off the Leakin Park cell tower.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

1) is a good point. 2) is not. He said he gave his phone to Jay, who readily admits he was in Leakin Park helping to bury the body. All that does is connect Jay to the park.