Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My A/C turned off a couple of nights ago, first time since end of May?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Had to turn our heat on about a week ago. House dipped to 64 and thought "might be time to turn on the heat".

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

[penis]

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm hoping to make it into November before I turn on the heat. It gets down to 65 in the mornings, but everyone in the house likes it cool so we aren't too bothered by it.

8. NorrisAlan

I liked it, especially when I am moving around doing things. But sitting watching TV it gets a bit chilly on the nose.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

For years, I wake up in the morning and let the dog out, I let her decide if she wants to stay out all day or come back inside. When she was young, she'd stay out 4 or 5 days a week, but now, she comes in every day. This morning, she started to come in, looked at me, and went back out. I guess she liked the weather this morning.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or maybe tired of seeing your face?

kmf600 likes this.
  11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

She likes to find cat and peacock shit to roll around in, she's been clean and smelling good for too long. I fully expect to have to give her a bath when I get home.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Wtf? You have peacock shit in your yard?

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yup. When I moved into my house, the neighbor had about 12. Over the years we got up to maybe 60 or more. They scream like crazy at night. They get up on my roof sometimes and sound like a pack of wildebeests. But yeah, they crap all over, by the pool, on the car, on the patio, and it's about the size of cat shit.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Turn on heat? What's that?

15. NorrisAlan

Is that legal? Can you call animal control on them? Or shoot them?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They are currently protected in Miami-Dade county.

17. NorrisAlan

Are peacocks indigenous to South Florida? I don't believe so. That is beyond stupid.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They are not indigenous to Miami-Dade, and it is beyond stupid. Let me check again to see if they are still protected.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mothballs, noise makers, motion sensors for sprinklers, etc. Make it miserable for them.

I don't know why citizens dont trap and release them at county governmentry officials' houses until they stop

kmf600 likes this.
  20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire