Shannon to UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 5, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Spangler will get a big job eventually because he is a competent coordinator, but it won't be the media splash that hiring a Randy Shannon would.

2. This!

I don't want the Dooley agony prolonged. Take our lumps, get rid of his ass, and get a real football coach.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the master is Dooley, I'm pissing in his shoes and humping his wife's leg.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just to throw it out there..........

During Shannon's six years as UM's defensive coordinator, his defenses ranked as follows in total defense nationally:
    2001 – 6th
    2002 – 7th
    2003 – 2nd
    2004 – 28th
    2005 – 4th
    2006 – 7th

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's say Dooley wins 8 games next year and is retained... Surely he isn't retained if he wins only 7 or 8 in 2013 as well, right? I mean, maybe this doesn't matter much in terms of extending Dooley's tenure.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Awesome.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At this point, I don't care, I want to frickin win. I don't care if it prolongs Dooley one more year, I want a shot to win and Shannon provides it.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wouldn't be surprised by any hire at this point.

But, if Shannon, what recruits do we likely retain, or any that we may get, but aren't considering us now?

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If Randy Shannon were to be named the defensive coordinator at Tennessee it would be the first time in his entire life (outside of the one year he played in the NFL)that he did not live in Miami, Florida. For Dooley to pull him would be tremendous, and I imagine to pull him to Knoxville, TN, we will be paying a pretty penny.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

McNeil, Santos, and Peters are the only ones I'm worried about. Shannon would be the best hire for recruiting purposes.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

May better our chances in some spots. Prolly retain most on the fence. Santos needs a visit quick.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

chavisut, do you have a special gif ready to go in the event Randy Shannon is hired?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Amazing news if true

14. chavisut

a classic imo

15. Beechervol

Hes not actively recruiting right now. So he really wouldnt steal anyone. If he pulls somebody it will be more on name than anything.

16. chavisut

a classic imo

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just saw another rumor that it won't be announced until Monday before the NC game for more exposure, tifwiw

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

From DocVol on TOOS...I'm pretty close to taking this as confirmation....

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just saw that and was fixing to correct my earlier post.

20. Beechervol

They re gonna have to start a new rumor for that to have a chance.

This cats out the bag.