Shannon to UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Jan 5, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He should get his fair share of Florida talent

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Will West Tweet:

Shannon's a home run hire for Tennessee. Again, Hart prob had to back the Brink's truck up though. Interested to see what terms are

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

In other words, Rucker will only know after the official release from UT.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Kind of what I was thinking Tidwell, but Austin Ward just posted pretty much the same thing on Twitter that Rucker did.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

the Tennessee fanbase will probably have one collective meltdown if Shannon isn't hired now

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Rucker has never been a story breaker.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Rucker and Ward are UT mouthpieces. If they want to keep this tight lipped so they can have the PR announcement they are going to deny until told not to. Unfortunately this is a double edged sword for having "official" connections. You have to play by their rules and get outscooped by other sites. This will be an example of the fall of pay for insider info boards as we know it.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If the Knoxville media circus is denying it then I like our chances even more. I'll take the media sources based out of Miami with actual connections over Rucker sitting around in his basement for 247 sports all-day and then on Sunday.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hubbs just said Shannon is a candidate but he and Dooley have not yet spoken.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Normally, I think Hubbs is solid with his info, but something tells me this is bullshit. I find it hard to believe that a number of fairly credible people are saying that Shannon has agreed, but Hubbs states they've never talked. I know Hubbs has acquiesced to the requests of people to hold off news previously, so I'm going with this because the idea that they haven't talked doesn't pass the smell test.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I agree. I find it hard to beileve that the Miami people are pulling this out of their ass. They know something.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I honestly have no idea on it one way or the other. It's the weirdest [uck fay]ing search I can remember. I don't know why Miami media would just make this shit up, but I know Hubbs and Rucker both are saying essentially the same thing.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

said Shannon and UT haven't spoken, specifically Dooley. Basically, Hubbs just broke my heart. He acted like nothing has happened or will happen. Also stated that Dooley won't even be in Knoxville tomorrow, much less the state. Said Dooley will be conducting interviews during the coaches' convention in San Antonio. This is not what I wanted to fall asleep thinking about.

14. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Exactly. Why would a Miami reporter say that he has agreed when the UT media act like they haven't even spoken. I call complete bullshit.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

boner killer.

16. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

If UT told Hubbs not to talk, he wouldn't say a word.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

just texted the same thing to volfanjo

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Shannon is a Miami lifer. The reporter could very well be pumping his name to raise his profile. And if he is wrong? Who cares. Only Tennessee fans are going to remember.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

For the record, volfanbill normally does not text me about his sexual vitality at 1:30 in the morning.

20. WM

WM Active Member

The puppets of the Knoxville media will keep playing the part. Too much smoke from all places but where the UTAD can't control it. I'm going all in on this.