Shoop's Status to be Evaluated After Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TennTradition, Sep 15, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy cow. Didn't realize Haslam had Art Briles on board with the Browns.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sexton

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That's a just in case we lose I'm ready to make changes. Just need some time and a few more moves. Similar to making sure everybody thinks we are already in the hole having only 27 guys on the plane that's played in Gainesville.

Jones has figured out his best move is build games up to be insurmountable obstacles to soften defeat or make it the greatest win in the history of the program. There are still too many feeding at that trough

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Statistically, it's worse than Sunseri.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Someone with a little time on their hands needs to do a little research into this 27 players bull crap and see how it compares with other teams doing home and homes. I wouldn't be surprised if 27 is better than average. If I were a member of the media, I'd definitely come up with that number and slap him across the face with it at his next press conference.

Would also be good to go back and do some research to find a little window of games that paints an obviously terrible coach or team as good, like they've tried to do with this 21 games crap. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a pretty good little stretch from Muschamp's time at Florida. Maybe Bowden at Clemson, too. Really any coach that had a decent regular season here and there.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well shit, that didn't take long.

From November 5, 2011 through October 11, 2013, Will Muschamp was evidently one of the most elite coaches in the nation, going 18-5. Add in two more games to Butch's sterling 17-4 record (in other words counting two more weeks into the past) and he is also 18-5.

Muschamp was 6-12 after that, with a road win over Butch.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep

8. BigOrangeBeech

Yep

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gotta have the excuses ready. He spends more time spinning up excuses than ways to win.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's odd because the family is so highly thought of in Tennessee, or at least was when I was there and one was the mayor of Knoxville, but relative to their influence and ability to do good thing... Ya I dunno. Art Briles isn't someone I want to work with, but then I haven't been running football teams into the ground for years.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Easy, what's Muschamp's record against Butch?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Congratulations, you just did more journalism in 15 minutes than Mike Griffith has done in years.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

After having thought about it awhile, I'm pretty sure I do recall something about Briles and the Browns. There are just so many embarrassments over the last few years it's difficult to remember them all. Used to be I had trouble remembering if such and such big play happened in 98 or 99. Butch took care of that one.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Evaluate Shoop's status translates into Butch saw what Missouri did last week. If they (Mizzou) win this week, then firing your coordinator works, and Butch will think he needs to do it.

Sounds stupid? Yeah, but this Butch. This is the same guy who runs up tempo and subs almost every play. I'm guessing because he sees up tempo being successful. This is the guy who insists on running the read option regardless of the kind of QB he has on this field. I'm guessing because read options work for other teams. This is the same guy who allows a trash can on the sidelines because gimmicks work for other teams. This guy is stupid.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He really is stupid. As in IQ deficient. It's embarrassing.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're just an energy vampire.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree. I think he is not very bright at all and has just lucked into the best gig he could ever hope to have.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He talks a good game to administrators and the like. I think he knows a good bit about football. I have just convinced myself that he doesn't get the big picture. It's why they don't seem to have any identity. He sees things that are neat or work, understands enough to mostly copy it, but just fails to understand all of the details of implementation and the full scope of the strategy involved. He just doesn't get it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Lucky for him he'd doubled up Dave Hart in the IQ department.

20. BigOrangeBeech

He really does.