Shoop's Status to be Evaluated After Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TennTradition, Sep 15, 2017.

1. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Amen. You're the boss. If you think your coordinator called the wrong play with the game on the line, overrule him. Otherwise what are you even doing there?

2. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Yep. If I'm a college defensive coordinator or DB coach, lesson one is if you're getting beat on a deep route, trip or tackle the guy. 15 yard penalty >>>> TD.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I noticed Kyle Philips on the field a little bit Saturday, but didn't pay close attention. Was he spelling Kongbo or Taylor? Is he not better than Kongbo? Surely he is.

I'm wondering if Butch has made some ludicrous promises to Kongbo and about got exposed on it last season with Kongbo's "Fifa" tweet and now he's having to cover.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

cal's coach in the same situation this year told his dbs to grab anyone if they had any chance of getting by them for the td and they did just that. other teams coach threw a fit, but it's legal and works.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You coach is competent.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It was 100% cover 2. I don't know what they were supposed to play underneath, but the two safeties definitely had deep halves.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that Cb passing him off to the safety was still insane looking.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

CB decided to play air instead. Nobody within 30 yards of his zone and he didn't slide with the qb out of the pocket either.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He couldn't have been reading the release of the #2 which is a common concept we run at hs level because he didn't even have a #2 to his side. That's a simple read. No #2 you're locked with help over top. It's not difficult. Unless you haven't been coached. Wherein lies our issue.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not quite as insane as seeing the safety still backpedaling while the receiver was even with him. It was the definition of "toasted."

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not coached and a CB named Martin.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So bad. They D wasn't even set up to play deep enough to stop the set up for a field goal.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

No thought at all put into schemes. It's like they are just throwing dice hoping for the best.