Should All Votes Count, Equally?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Apr 20, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's the argument I was making? Care to put some more words into the mouth of that straw man? I look forward to the next time you go on a tirade about the argumentative tactics of this site.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Were you not invoking the second amendment in saying the word "bear" means carry? If I'm mistaken and you were just dropping a random factoid with no intention of referencing the second amendment's alleged regulation via ID as support for the regulation of voting via ID, I sincerely apologize. I have no idea what you were getting at then, or what "bear" has to do with anything at all. Explain.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That comma is pretty important that separates it from just militia.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. Are you referring to the 2nd Amendment? Just checking.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A voter ID law does not require an ID to vote. It requires an ID to receive your ballot. You can burn your ID before filling out your ballot and casting it. Glad we're on the same page.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ludicrous that the numbers have been verified by people looking for a particular result and you're touting it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can I trade and sell ballots among private citizens? No? Then your analogy is shit.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yes t

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I figured, somewhere after the 400,000th iteration of "words have meaning" that you might be interested in the meaning of words. Your post implied an incorrect synonymous relationship between bear and own.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You don't believe that dude thoroughly investigated 1 billion votes? I mean, at a few seconds per vote that'd only take a few centuries.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Should probably submit to a background check and 3 day waiting period. I guess at that point the election is over so its not really feasible.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member