Should the Politics Forum be closed?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Dec 21, 2021.

?

Should the Politics forum be closed for at least 6 months?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2021.
  1. Yes

18.2%
  2. No

77.3%
  3. abstain

4.5%
  1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They aren't unwritten, but if someone says, hey, calm down, and then you say "Ban me." You're going to get banned.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've always operated under the assumption that the rules were:

Don't ask to be banned.
    Don't be a bigoted piece of shit.

Just curious if there were others.

4. fl0at_

Don't troll.
    Defend your positions when challenged.

We're not a big forum. Ain't nobody getting anything from this, and if you aren't going to make the posts worth reading, because you aren't going to put thought into them and defend your positions, you're just wasting time. What constitutes defense of a position can be arbitrary, which is why there are tons of people to speak up for you and undo whatever was done.

I will say that for me, not defending a position is about the most egregious thing you can do, to the point that, I don't want to be here if others aren't along that same mindset, because its just a waste of my time, and I don't have a lot of respect for anyone, or anywhere, wasting my time.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Uni/IP and I are about as far apart politically as can be. This place would be terrible without either of them. I hope to have a beer with them someday.

I just ignore them when they bring up their incorrect view points.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I hate it when anywhere wastes my time too.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah I’m pretty orange and red pilled and think the mainstream narrative on most things is bullshit, but I like seeing different view points.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's going to have to be free trade responsibly fermented beer.

SetVol13, emainvol and InVolNerable like this.
  9. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I tend to agree with this sentiment, but personally feel its best to have some back acerage set aside for it, because it inevitability seeps in everywhere else otherwise

10. fl0at_

Good to meet a fellow "fast casual" food place hater. Pick a side, either be a drive thru or serve a real meal...

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Indy likes this.
  12. fl0at_

Not if they called me sir it isn't. Least not my Wendy's.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Opinion.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I still love how I’m literally over here screaming “Karl Marx was right” and all y’all like “Uni and IP are some lefty assholes”

Gonna make it way easier for me to seize the means of production

JayVols likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If you want people to notice you, try posting 30 times in a row in the NFL thread during your team’s games.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

After further contemplation and reading the responses, I have changed my vote to no. If anything we need a reservoir for the political talk.

I still think it does way more harm than good and has driven a lot of fine people from the board.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I refuse to take that from Uni. He’s earned the right to be the board weirdo during NFL season and I would hate to overshadow him with [penis] jokes and… well more [penis] jokes

Unimane likes this.
  18. fl0at_

You'll know when it's time to defend an opinion. The high volume of responses over possibly days is a dead giveaway.

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’d never heard “orange pilled” until today. Before googling I wasn’t sure if this meant an undying devotion to the orange man lol

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Or better yet, to just admit you were wrong about something and own it. A solid 75% or more of the political forum is taken up by folks who can’t (or won’t…) back down from a stance that is clearly indefensible… lord knows I’ve been guilty, but I like to think that for the most part I’m at least willing to accept when I’m wrong about something and stfu.

JayVols likes this.