Shrout

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is 100% me spit-balling, but based on a tweet I saw Saturday.

Shrout was on the travel roster and QB3 for the first time this year. Given the new redshirt rule, I wonder if we see him Saturday if the opportunity arises?

IP likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I expect to see more of the freshmen that haven't played yet from here on out.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If he can throw a wr screen or to rb in the flat, why not.

4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Blow out Charlotte in the first half and give Shrout the entire second half. No need in playing Chryst.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If they pull that trigger, it’s goodbye JG.

I’m not saying it’s wrong. There’s just no turning back.

6. NorrisAlan

If JG doesn't see the field again I would be fine. He just cannot make the decisions. That last play where he took the sack on fourth down should be it for him.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Deer in headlights if his first read isnt there. Scanning the field in a panic wondering what the other routes are. I'm tough on qbs. You are a natural or arent. JG is tall and can throw a dart on a slant. Thats about it. Not enough for me to get my tickets back again.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He has the shittiest internal clock I’ve ever seen. No feel, no pre-snap recognition, no pocket presence.

But takes a hell of an ass-kicking, and there’s nothing more quintessentially Tennessee football than taking an ass-kicking.

9. NorrisAlan

I like the kid, and he is tough as freaking nails. His father must have been Gumby the way he has been bent double a few times this year.

But it is time to move on.

10. CardinalVol

I'm not presenting opportunity as 14-12 in the 4th, but more of it's 44-12 in the 4th. Just to give kid game experience.

If nothing else, I don't see McBride back next year. If that's the case, we need a QB2.

11. CardinalVol

I still want to see a down the field view of that play and what was/wasn't there. My assumption is he was looking for 15 or 1 the whole time and no one else.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm all for shout getting snaps in a blowout.

The JG panic is way reactionary, imo.

Indy and NEW COACH like this.
  13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Opportunity ought to be there. Vols need to get out fast and finish them in a half. Should be up 4 scores at half.

14. NorrisAlan

True, but it shouldn't matter at that point, either. You have to know the down and the state of the game. If 15 has 5 guys draped on him, you throw it up anyway. And he just held onto it.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

With all due respect to ass kickings, there’s nothing more quintessentially Tennessee football than being bent double.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

Agree to an extent. But the criticisms of him are valid.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a perfect qb for a team with a stout running game.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Which includes an OL that can run and pass block well. Then he isnt relied upon to do near as much.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's been the same for him most of the year. The complaints are just louder now. I'm not going to say he cost UT the SC game, but he certainly didn't help. The last play you just have to get the ball out. Have to. The overthrows, the lack of awareness, etc.

He's got all the physical talent but the total QB package is not where is needs to be. I respect him for getting the shit beaten out of him all year and still standing tall, but he's brought some of it on himself.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I could see JG getting passed up before his eligibility is up, but I’m not sure I’d play Chryst over him, if they’re close

BigOrangeBeech likes this.