Shut it down...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 21, 2020.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Chaney's not as good as I thought.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He seems like the type that can thrive in a good situation, but can compound problems in a shitty situation. Definitely compounding problems right now.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's not a problem, he's doing what the head coach wants.

Memtownvol, hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is my overwhelming feeling, having seen Chaney at many places with many situations.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Let's make him head coach then. He's never lost here.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His offense had issues with Simms here. Insert a qb that can play, look what happened.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't see one single scenario that leads to Coach Gomer being back if we lose to Vandy this weekend. I still think there's a chance we beat Vandy, get blown out by Florida and A&M, and he's still gone. Talk about the coffers, reserves, donor dollars all you want but there's another thing people haven't brought up and that's 2021 ticket/stadium and merchandise revenue. You bring this jackass back next year and it could go to hell really fast.

I guess we still open with Bowling Green and I'd say that's a guaranteed win but at this point after that Georgia State mess I wouldn't be so sure. Then you follow up with Pittsburgh. You lose that game and then your first SEC game and all of a sudden it's an empty Neyland again next year with full capacity actually being allowed (hopefully). The loss of ticket revenue alone would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 million. That's not counting concessions. I'm also factoring in they sell 56k season tickets leading into next year to still get to that 12 to 15 million in lost ticket revenue. They could easily make up everything this embarrassment has to be paid just by getting rid of him anyway. Keep him, lose at least 15 million in revenue next year, and then figure out that probably wasn't a good idea.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of season ticket holders rolled their 2020 tickets over to 2021, they've already been paid for

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

UT would be perfectly fine without the Haslam's money. There's plenty of others that are willing to write checks that aren't meddling morons who screw up everything they touch.

SetVol13, Daddy Gee, zehr27 and 3 others like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If the decision makers were on the hook for the revenues/losses, you'd be right.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

similar issue too, where the QBs just aren't releasing the ball on time.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've watched way too many Chaney coached offenses in person seeing way too many guys open for me to say he's a problem. He does abandon the run at times, but he hasn't done it this year.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wonder if Chaney has tried to make HB the starter

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

According to Basilio he went to Pruitt with a couple of different game plans for Maurer and Bailey one week and was told nah we good

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Auburn was going full bore on defense against bailey, and he was able to move the ball down the field just by looking for the open man. Bailey can turn this around.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And McElroy, if you listened to him fawn over him during the game this weekend.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

All Bammers are instructed to fawn over a failing UT, saying we are doing things right and are headed to great things.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It was absolutely infuriating listening to him. Especially fondling his balls while saying he didn’t have good offensive personnel around him. Not everyone has 5*s at every spot on their 3 deep, McElroy. Sometimes you have to make due with some 4*.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Chaney needs a qb who can read the safety, or olb, quickly scan and get rid of the ball. Well, many OCs do, but you know what i mean. How do you call a game when your qb cant do any of that, or run.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And staring down receivers. I went to Simm's first game starting, and that was my biggest takeaway from that day. A fellow Vols fan at work asked me how I thought they looked, and I told him to expect interceptions, lots of them. JG may be worse.