Shut it down...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kesling is the dude who wont allow wind to catch the sail on the way to the Galapagos on Russel Crowes boat. Everybody on the boat could do their job but it doesnt matter if an albobtross is on board. Need Bob to take a symbolic cannonball and jump to retirement. Then and only then, will we get our wind.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is an incredibly consistent take by you. on brand.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The thing is, I kind of like Bob generally speaking. He's not really a good radio guy for football, but he comes off as a likeable enough fellow. I've not disliked his basketball games as much.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Bob is ok. His problem is he followed a legend. He was doomed from the get go.

5. Ssmiff

Bob is awful. Imo, he was doomed because he doesnt see the field or court well, doesnt anticipate, gets confused and messes up players names just about every game. Hes the jg of play by play and paints a horrible picture

PilotFlyingJ and utvol0427 like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I think Bob is pretty terrible. He’d be fine with TV probably. He does radio like it’s tv.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He is impossible to follow on the radio and, for some reason, never gives the score.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

In his defense for football updating the score doesn't happen very often.

warhammer likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Was listening to Memphis vs UT with my dad years ago on the road. Had no idea of the score for several possessions and 2 players who had been out of the program for years, somehow scored. He wasnt a UT fan but the man new sports and listened to Jack Eaton his whole life. He couldnt believe how bad it was. No idea who was winning, which way they were going, who was in or what the score was for too long, too often.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Depends on which side of the ledger you’re talking about

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Fair

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You must not have watched any of UT’s second halves this year.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I was referring to updating the Vols score which didn't come across well in the post.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bob is Bob at this point and it’s basically his job until he doesn’t want it anymore. He is neither memorable or forgettable. We could do worse, we could do better.

Ultimately, he saved us from Mike Keith and really that’s the most important thing.

cotton and utvol0427 like this.
  15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Wow, Jack Eaton. That’s a blast from the past. I remember listening to his basketball calls in the 70’s at my grandfather’s. He was a Memphis St fan. Thanks for the memory

16. Ssmiff

Eaton was awesome. I grew up there listening to Eaton, with my nerf goal up on my bed acting like i was Otis Jackson

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

So were you a believer that he had his ears clipped and flattened?

18. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

Mike Keith is far more superior than Kesling

MaconVol, chavisut, SetVol13 and 3 others like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Y’all have seen our last 3 head football coaches. We could get rid of the Bob, but his replacement will suck just as bad.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

Tim Priest is going to get replaced before Bob. He’s going to end up in therapy

sbradle4, SetVol13, A-Smith and 2 others like this.