1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I can at least say one good thing about our fan base: we always have nice shoes.

I mean, as often as we change our flip flops, we ought to, but still.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

That's great ... if the team settles for 18-20 wins next season then he can wipe his ass with this letter because that's all it will be worth. If he doesn't understand that big time sports is a year to year deal, and a Sweet 16 run doesn't exempt him from criticism should the team suck balls next year, then he shouldn't be considered a big time coach.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The petition bit was ridiculous, but this team looked awful until March 1. Any and all criticism was fully warranted.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah. Remember when the exact same garbage was put out in regards to Fulmer backdooring into the SEC Championship game in 2007? Giving him a huge new contract sure worked out well for us.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm not going to say that we have the dumbest fanbase in the country, but we have to be Top 3-5.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Dude is already getting a substantial benefit for beating Iowa, Umass and Mercer. Going overboard to make him feel welcome is crazy talk.

Elmore is an idiot for suggesting fans eat crow and fans are idiots for the apology tour.

Jerry Green had us here and can't coach at all.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Again this is best case scenario for Cuonzo to walk. Team has played great ball, in March. And yes that's where it counts. But up until then we looked like shit.

Truth be told, I'm still not giddy over gameplan. We've outmanned a good draw.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. People need to learn their history as well. General Neyland (yep THAT General) fired his replacement as HFC after two years. #TheGeneralGotIt

12. CardinalVol

I hope this team stays hot for four more games, we cut down nets, and then Cuonzo does a "stunna" on a cardboard cut out of Pearl at the victory celebration. That doesn't negate we should have never been in a First Four game, or have 12 losses right now.

Now, this might turn into a complete turn around on the recruiting trail as well, but right now our recruiting class is 9th in the conference and 2015 ain't looking any better.

Look, I'm as excited as anyone, have on my orange glasses and gulping orange kool-aid, but there are problems still there whether people will admit it or not. I'm just not talking about them for the time being because quite frankly this little run in March is fun.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I couldn't make it through that. I stopped before the halfway point.

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Good point. This team should beat all 3 of the above. Better talent.
    Now Friday will be a serious test.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not really sure why the regular season matters at all in hoops if you get in, win the games in front of you and advance. I mean, I understand at some level you want better seeding, but when the committee can't seed the tournament properly anyway, why does it matter?

I enjoyed the heck out of our 31-5 team, and beating Memphis and all that, but this team is exactly where that one was 5 years ago, with a chance to actually go further... So in the end, so what if you lose to Texas A & M in January?

Not trying to troll here. Being semi-serious.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I say it is because you don't want to have to rely on the committee to even let you in. You need to be good enough to at least not be a bubble team, imho.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Because if we are losing to A&M twice, it makes this run look like pure luck rather than good coaching.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

NCAA can be a crap shoot. a mediocre coach can make an elite eight just because he got a bunch of non repeatable favorable matchups. in the end what someone does in the tournament defines a coach, but you want him to have a long track record of doing so. also, for season ticket holders and long term fans, it's nice to actually enjoy some conference championships and non march madness victories.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

And I want to win the SEC.

20. CardinalVol

Because the odds of building a program being built into going deep into March on an annual basis are a lot greater if you have consistent 5-7 loss teams as opposed to consistent 10-12 loss teams.