Significant Other

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by chavisut, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Fat and hairy?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, she's from Peru, you know, the country, not Peru, Ohio.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You say latin, he hears Mexican peasant.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

She was my sister.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Perfectly acceptable in Cheatham county

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Saw her one night and talked to her, found out she had a riding lawnmower and asked her to marry me. Would have happened sooner if she would have had a weed eater!

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Elle oh Elle

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

7 years after my dad passed, my mom met her current husband on eHarmony. He is a really good man. I wish my dad were still here, of course, but he treats her like a queen. The first time I ever met him as I shook his hand I looked him straight in the eye, introduced myself, and told him that I would whip his ass if he ever hurt my mom. I meant it with every fiber of my being. Thankfully, he has been awesome to mom and my family. My daughters absolutely adore him. It's possible to find a good person on these sites. Wouldn't recommend it, but it worked for mom who had been out of the dating scene since she was 16 after nearly 50 years of marriage. After taking care of my grandfather who had Parkinson's for 12 years and my dad (MS) for 17, she deserves the happiness and companionship she has now.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I could write a book on my mom's dating life since my dad died.

I do actually like the current one.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Bless your Mom. Sounds like a wonderful, devoted lady.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thanks. She is the rock of the family. It's been rough on her, but she never waivered. It wasn't easy for me at first, but she deserves happines. She retired from teaching 1st grade 3 years ago after 30+ years. She's earned all the happiness in the world. They travel and just enjoy life. She's the closest thing to a saint I have encountered. Her husband retired from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. He has a PhD and was a professor at Ole Miss, too. His dad was a professor at Miss State. The Egg Bowl is weird for him, but with mom's help, we have converted him into a Vol fan.

13. Beechervol

I ventured into Robertson County once looking for a bride and came back to my sister if that tells you anything.

14. Beechervol

I married for the insurance and double inheritance.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's why my wife is from Chattanooga

16. Beechervol

Probably a solid move.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I met my wife at work while we were both in college. She was a cashier at a clothing store. I was in sales. We had class across the hall from each other several times over the years and went through the same late orientation together. I think we were even in line, one after the other, to get our photos made for our IDs the first semester (disputed by my wife). We never spoke until she was forced to come out and work with the common people one night as a fill in (cashiers made a cool $4.50/hr to a salespersons' $4.25/hr with no commission). That was in '94. This year will be our 14th anniversary.

18. Beechervol

To clear the air.

I married my step sister. (which happens to be further from blood kin as others I have dated in these parts)

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Craigslist

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Beecher confessions thread.