simms sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volsjustice55, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

everything goes in cycles

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hear you, but......
    I'm past ready for this cycle to end.... I feel like we have been wandering in the wilderness for an eternity.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i'm with you, it sucks, but it'll run its course

4. WM

WM Active Member

I'm tired of trying to find pleasure out of beating the skid row of never beens in November and trying to attach hope to how things will be getting better.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am just becoming skeptical that this really is part of a "cycle" and that it will "pass." I am beginning to fear fighting for a bowl bid is the new "normal."

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Some of you on this board are just pitiful whiners. Look at this roster and what's transpired over the past few years and look at LSU, Alabama, South Carolina and even Georgia. They've had stability, they have a lot of veteran talent to support their younger talent, and you expect to compete with that this early in the rebuild cycle? It's not fun, but this won't last much longer. We get our missing pieces back next year with another year of experience and strength development and this team will start making some noise.

I was happy to see some significant progress in the running game. The o-line played reasonable well. Poole was running violently and the run play calling was much better. Simms is what he is, a back-up QB that would probably be OK if we had a stronger running game to relay on and not playing the NUMBER ONE team in the country.

I had a good time at the game. It's football. Get over it.

7. Being realistic equals pitiful whiners?

We're 6 games in and can't even snap the football. Saying we're not a very good team is not whining. It is simply a cold hard fact.

This team has not even mastered the basic fundamentals of the game.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The only part missing from this being the official talking points memo is that you didn't say you were proud the team didn't quit.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Apparently we aren't VFL, if we point out shortcomings. If you don't want to talk honestly about where we are, I have a site in mind that is right up your alley.

Having said that, I do feel better about our team after this game than after the GA game. It's just going to take longer than most of us had hoped.

10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Not to keep piling on Matt for being what he is and what we already knew he was... but I gotta give credit to Gary Danielson for finishing that "If Matt doesn't get a shot to play in the NFL, he'd like to go into coaching" thought without cracking up. Well done, Gary. Well done.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Volindawgland is right. LSU was gracious enough to lube up their penis before consummating our prison marriage in rough fashion. The least we can do is not moan or whimper as our sphincter muscles are destroyed.

I, for one, cherish our new relationship with the rest of the SEC.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

USCe without Lattimore lost to Kentucky last season.

That's not the way I saw it, not that it matters. I saw a team throw it 17 times, mostly short routes, while running it 52. I saw maybe the most aggressive coach in college football kick a FG from the 3 inch line. I saw a coaching staff seem to take the attitude that "if we just run over them and don't do anything stupid, we can't lose this game," which is what they did. They held it nearly twice as long as we did, didn't do anything to risk a turnover, and pushed us off of our own field.

=rpvol= likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I saw a team that knew they were better than the other team and just played to get off the field and work jefferson back into the mix.

Reminded me a lot of how fulmer played the south carolinas of the world in the late 90s early 2000s.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU has played that way against everyone is what I'm saying. They don't turn the ball over, they go undefeated.

15. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

Thank you!!!! No point in talking about it.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Doubtful. Like Beechervol said, if we had Bray and Hunter this game would have been much more interesting late. I still think our depth would have gotten to us in the end though. We were worn down by mid 3rd qtr. As for Simms, he's got talent but is too impatient when making decisions. He seems to have his mind made up on where he's going with the ball before it's snapped. He needs to make his progressions quicker and find the open man. He missed Rivera on at least 3 occasions. One would have been a touchdown and one would have kept him from throwing that INT intended for Rogers.