Site Loyalty

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[​IMG]

2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

No one puts baby in the corner

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

fyp

4. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

Point taken. Didn't mean to imply anything sinister.

5. Tenacious D

Early on, you admitted that other mods were using your account to log on here, before you allegedly changed your password to prevent it. Forgive his cynicism. Or not.

But, believing that you're here with pure motives of just hanging out with some bros, a few questions, if you don't mind:

1. Will you admit to being one of the VN regulars who is attempting to re-recruit people here to return there? The loyalty nonsense.

2. Does Freak know that you're here, on this site and regularly lurk / post? If so, is he ok with it? If not, why haven't you told him?

3. Why are you so loyal to that place? Why should anyone else be? Because they made you a mod? Seriously, you were entirely unlike the other mods over there - and one of the last that I would suspect would be their mouthpiece. You must know that all of the reasons I outlined in the "Welcome" thread (yesterday) were spot-on, no? If not, which you believe was inaccurate? If not, and my account was accurate, dont you think that it's pretty indefensible?

4. What are the reasons why that site - and it's 40k members and really smart leadership - finds this site to be so seemingly concerning? It can't be for fear that we'd overtake them, right? Absent that, I can only assume that it was simply an affront to their sense of ownership of the interwebz. So, why do you think the reaction to this site has been so vociferous?

5. Speaking of that - how come all other sites get mentioned over there (such as VB, VolQuest and FeelsLike) without a problem, but not this one?

6. Do you think that we were correct in starting another site? If not, what should we have done instead? If you agree with our need to start this site - is there any way that it could have been better understood or accepted there?

7. How come OWH is still a mod over there, after the shit he pulled here with throwing Hat's personal shit in the street? If you were VN's Admin, would you have removed him from being a mod for that?

8. What are the advantages of this site over VN? Vice versa?

9. Which site do you personally prefer, and why?

10. Why was myself, IPO and Droski banned? Just an excuse for housecleaning?

11. Were you surprised that the software could easily perform a number of tasks that the VN leadership had long alleged it was unable to perform? For example, Freaks insistence that he couldn't (easily) erase all traces of a poster, including all of their posts?

12. What would you predict to be the short (1 year) and long-term (5 year) outlook for the 8th? What about for VN?

13. Are you surprised that we let you hang out here, even knowing where your loyalties lie?

14. Does the traffic for VN seem appreciably lower since this site launched?

15. Doesn't the absence of so many unfavorable rabble-rousers make VN a much better place? I can't imagine that it isn't better for it.

16. Do you think that the launching of this site, while unsettling, served as a wake up call to many of the complaints that we routinely made over there?

17. Who is your three least favorite VN mods?

18. Can you lend some of us your access to their mod boards, as you did for them with your information here? Seems only fair.

19. Who do you think the mods / Freak were most glad to be rid of - me, IPO or Droski? Why?

20. Do you think that Freak would participate here? If so, how best to invite him? If not, why?

21. Do you think that tue mods here will ever be invited to one of the VN tailgates?

I look forward to your responses. Seriously, I think it'll bs both telling and enlightening for all. Maybe therapeutic for you, too.

6. Tenacious D

Using banishment from VN for eCred is akin to citing your appreciation of the Jonas Brothers as proof that you love rock and roll.

7. Tenacious D

Easy - the software can't track who banned someone.

**Cough** **Cough**

8. Tenacious D

You posted the number 8.

Keep it up and I'll turn PM's off in this [itch bay].

9. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

Interesting to witness these events from the male perspective.

10. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

What do you mean?

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

So what exactly is wrong with living in a [uck fay]ing winnebago

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I was perma banned for offering to help Freak fix his PM problems. Ungrateful bastard.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Sweet goodness, when did this whole church split happen........i kinda walked in on the back side

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Site went to hell when you left for state academy.

15. OrangeEmpire

So its oes fault?

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Great analogy.

17. OrangeEmpire

Been through my share of church splits........this has doctrine issue written all over it, lol

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I can not confirm nor deny.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

True, one of the first things I asked over here was if OE was here.

20. OrangeEmpire

Dont make oe blush..........