Site Negativity

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 30, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My 2 cents.

1. I know several of the main posters here in "real life" and consider the vast majority of this group friends and guys (and girls I suppose) that I like a lot. They are genuine good people who if I needed it would help me out in a heartbeat.
    2. Nearly everything pointed out is a legitimate point.
    3. I think there is a message board culture here to dwell on negatives points made more than any positive, the Statler and Waldorf syndrome if you will.
    4. Conscious or not, I think there is an inherent bitterness because Gruden wasn't hired. I can never prove that, it's just a hunch, mainly because I know it's reared it's head in me at times (week 1 on MNF was the first time since it all happened that they could cut to him in the booth and me not get a sinking feeling in my stomach).

Don't think any of this is right or wrong, it just is what it is. Obviously there is something I enjoy about this place that makes me keep coming back here, so I must like it, or like to torture myself, maybe both.

Oh, and NYY threatened to charge me full price if I ever left, so I'm kind of stuck here. Say what you want, but he's a great deal on discount.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've told one here that I can recall.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I see that you know what you're talking about. I think some folks (not me) might lose sight of that due to the delivery. I think the delivery is better than the US Mail, but I 'get' the detailed intricacies of the game that you often speak about.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

RB calls that brunch.

5. JayVols

They were all 8s or above no doubt.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well, I just don't need another thread about how terrible Bajakian is. I got it, I get it, case closed, for me.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They deserve that response.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Best Staff in America bro. By the way, did you know UT has a play called the "no-read option".

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yet he's still calling plays, no? I get it he sucks. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. But when it's gameday and we're seeing the same crap over and over, even though the horse is maimed it almost acts as if its about to take a breath after each week and we have to make sure it's down.

10. GahLee

Nobody deserves that response.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Talking football during football season? for shame......

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Go kill yourself

13. JayVols

I absolutely despise soccer. I find everything about it to be repulsive including the soccer thread here on the site. I've unsuccessfully searched for ways to block it from my view.

Know how I deal with that? I don't click on it.

14. GahLee

Mod in training.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

But here is I think the difference between me and even my father, who is something of a lunatic fan (at least when I was growing up) -- whether Tennessee is good or bad doesn't fundamentally affect how I feel about them at any given time. Maybe it was because Tennessee was so terrible at basketball when I was younger. I don't know. But I still have a boyhood nostalgia about them. YES, I do get angry and go through all the same emotions others do. But only during the game. And then it's over. And by Monday I'm ready to do it all over again.

I'm not saying this is healthy. I think I will die before I see the Vols in the Final 4 and I think about this way too much, and it will kill me, I'm sure of it.

16. GahLee

So you're saying he shouldn't venture in to the football forum ever again?

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

While this is true, I think there is an even larger level of bitterness/hatred growing from the realization of what we hired in comparison to the 10 most logical options.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

bass has had an issue with me for whatever reason. He does nothing but troll and try to stir the pot with inferior tools to do so. If he climbed the tallest building in Knoxville and jumped, I would do nothing less than take another sip of coffee and go about my day. I'm sure he wouldn't shed a tear if the shoe was on the other foot. I just have lived long enough to know that some people are just what they are. My dad said it best, "some people are born ***holes, they live as ***holes and they'll die as ***holes."

When that happens is irrelevant to me when it comes to his ilk.

19. GahLee

Don't see it.

20. JayVols

If I didn't love UT, I would have quit caring long ago. I don't waste my time on things I don't care about.