Site Negativity

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 30, 2014.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm more tongue-in-cheek than a lesbian orgy.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't like to. I just thought I'd throw a couple of things out there

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It's because everyone here is right. You don't agree? Well, you're an idiot. Just how it is. It's not limited to here. It's message boards in general.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He's screwing with you. You've made valid points. Keep making them, and ignore the cheap seats.

5. GahLee

Say what you want. I just thought aloud by saying I think it's too much. I'll never bring it up again.

6. fl0at_

Everyone here is argumentative. That's internet culture.

Right and wrong has little to do with it, mostly because right is difficult to prove. All we ask is a little supporting information to a claim.

Doesn't mean it will change any minds. Probably won't. Doesn't mean it will end an argument. It definitely won't. But if the goal was to be right in the first place, we wouldn't be here. Because someone who is always right needs no other opinion.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm throwing cups of beer from the first row.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm not above reproach and if you think I go too far, say as much. I'm a grown man. I'm not 40. But I am a grown man.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't care.

I don't blame Butch for taking the job and all things considered, he's exceeded my expectations. I just hate that people (not saying Gahlee is doing this) think Butch was the best available because "he wanted to be here".

Coaches are now mercenaries. If the administration wants to, at a place like Tennessee, they can get any coach they want but you have to have people willing to put in the work to do it. Tennessee doesn't, the biggest boosters and guiding light for the administration are paying off trucking companies they ripped off, managing an NFL team and wanting a VP candidacy. It's mess at the top and it filters down.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I generally agree with JQK. A lot.

11. GahLee

Indeed.

12. GahLee

I agree.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

What are your thoughts on catwoman?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Aren't you married? I can see one area you disagree with JQK. A lot.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think I'm the last one in on that inside joke.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I will never get tired of dissing Dooley though and welcome any new insults toward him.

17. GahLee

He took over a really good program in a down Big Ten. I'm not saying he's not a good coach, I'm just saying.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

1. stfu, dad.
    2. I tend to call people dumbass/moron/idiot when they tell you your thoughts or opinions are wrong without justifying it through rational argument. I don't agree with anything said by droski or kidb but I respect that they can argue the reason(s) they feel the way they do.

19. fl0at_

Agreed.

I think the rational is that we are a historically good program, in a historically down East. So it is hard not to make small comparisons.

He may be a really good coach. He may not be. But he looks better by comparison, even if the comparison is way too early.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm all for marriage, just not with any of the crazy beeyatches I've run into this far