Slap Fight: OKSt. Gundy vs. Ole Miss' Freeze

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Freeze issues a scathing retort:
    I don't have any goodwill for either of these coaches, whatsoever. But Gundy's comments bother me more, and I'm not sure if it's because he said anything at all, in atypical whiny / excuse-making fashion.....or that there is some truth to it, and can't be outright dismissed as so much more of his special stupidity.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-gundy-mississippi-ncaa-sugar-bowl/98535372/

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a smarmy comment that tugs at the thread of college football. We all know he has a point, but we know it would unravel the whole sport of it were tugged and fully explored. College football is not really an amateur sport or a competition between schools. That's all window dressing

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's ok to hate Gundy. He can take it. After all he's a man and 40.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'm sure Gundys program is squeaky clean.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Probably not, but I don't expect any coach to come out and say "It's cool, I was cheating too".

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah but there's some good middle ground between that and implying things could've gone better if the other guys weren't cheating.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's had Tyreek Hill, Justin Blackmon and Dez Bryant come through there

8. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

shit... if Ole miss hadn't done what they did, OkState would probably have been playing someone else in the sugar bowl.