So Fulmer's In

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by O+W=H., May 15, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup completely ignores the trajectory of the program.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He gave Fulmer an 8-win auto-extension. How much more supportive could he be? Fulmer took one of the most experienced and senior-heavy teams UT has ever fielded and achieved two of the worst losses in program history.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That 2005 defense was national champion quality. All-time national champion quality.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

An offseason that inspired the Fulmer Cup and shaky at best QB situation result in 5-6.

I wonder how many pre season top 5 teams have finished below .500.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Penn State did it

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I talked mad shit that entire offseason. Lesson learned.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As you should have. There was no reason for that 2005 team to be as bad as it was.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I did too until I got back to school and saw a practice where Rick couldn't get the ball 30 yards and Ainge was lost

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Alabama in 2000.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Texas a couple years ago.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I agree completely regardless of his current situation. He's definitely deserving of being in the HOF.

12. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

He should have been fired after one of the Peach Bowl losses.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly. The second half of the LSU game showed what they were capable of. Too bad that was the only shot fired all year.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

There was a lot more to it than that. The Athletic Department wasn't able to come through with the assistant coaches raises that they were promised for the '04 season after firing Buzz. To retaliate, the coaches began shitting on Fulmer and calling his hand at all times. One of the most widely circulated incidences was when the lummox John Chavis told CPF to "get the [uck fay] outta my huddle!" on the sidelines at the UF game.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

'99 Arizona tried to, but they ended up 6-6 (which is what our '05 team would've done had we scheduled a 12th game against MTSU like they did)

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

MTSU beat Vandy in 2005, so definitely no guaranteed with the Blue Raiders.