So hilary apparent used a personal email account

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Mar 3, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

damn, hill dawg.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is certainly a violation of federal policy, there is no "may be" about it. You just can't do it. Congress has to be able to access everything you've sent and received any time they wish.

That being said, federal email is contracted through gmail, so they look the same aesthetically and the only difference is the emails are stored on government servers instead of Google's.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

all agencies aren't gmail, as far as I know.

the difference in gov't servers vs. Google's is all the difference in the world, particularly as it relates to Secret or higher info.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Its easier to get around all of those pain in the rectum public records requests if you don't use your government email.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are probably right, I only know DOI first hand. And yes, the servers being government is quite important. I wasn't intending to minimize this. I am stunned by it. I know people have been fired for less.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The IRS leaders were also using personal emails for communication as well.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't get it. I didn't have a paying gig, and I had that beaten into me and was constantly being checked. Anything I wrote, made, or sent had to be stored on a government drive somewhere.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They're in a position of power. You're just a cog in the machine, so they're above the law in their eyes.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and apparently it was hacked: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...in-registered-the-day-of-her-senate-hearings/ which isn't surprising.

Gawker reported that Blumenthal was communicating with an account that appeared to belong to Clinton at the "clintonemail.com" domain.

so god knows what security they were using. the real question is why the hell didn't anyone say anything to her? surely she was emailing say the head of the fbi or cia with this email address?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

At my old job it was in my contract that if I sent emails to clients from my personal email it was a fireable offense.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Now the state department is going back on okaying the Clinton Foundation to collect foreign donations while Hillary was Secretary of State.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It potentially is in gov too. Particularly if it involves taxpayer-funded data.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Hillary don't give a fawck.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Would be interesting to know who was all in the CC: and BCC: fields.

Also, I wonder how often this goes on? I cannot imagine she is the only one doing this.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

according to the second article I posted the secretary of labor was doing the same thing. obviously not nearly as big of a risk as the secretary of state, but how the hell does no one notice this and not freak out?

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't happen with underlings. You'd get hammered. I guess it is like 53 says and the higher-ups think it doesn't apply to them?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This really isn't acceptable and should put any thoughts of running to bed. Her judgement is questionable.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

... Yes this is Ambassador Stevens of the US consulate in Libya. We are under attack.

[video=youtube;aZ_z9Tpdl9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ_z9Tpdl9A[/video]