So If I was Huepel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tn_longrifles, Nov 21, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think Stoops would be a good match with OU.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Not really when UT, UF, and everyone else in the East not named Georgia sucks donkey [penis]. And they still didn’t beat us.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If I were hiring, Lane would get a call for sure. Immature jackass or not, the guy can flat out coach and knows how to operate in a world where 90% plus of the people in it are immature jackasses too.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Mark Stoops sucks ass. Just know that.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

nm. Gif won't post

6. Savage Orange

Fair point, but he still managed to get it done. He’s managed to win a few games he shouldn’t have in normal circumstances. Beating Florida and LSU (even in their diminished state right now) is something I don’t think Heupel would have pulled off. The Florida game goes without saying since he actually did lose that one but I don’t know that he’d have beaten LSU either.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He does which is why he needs to go to OU. UK can promote their OC or Marrow and suck too

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lane is a good HC, I would hire him

Savage Orange likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

Let him go suck ass at Oklahoma, I say… that way Kentucky AND Oklahoma can suck. Win-win.

yont sum iss? and justingroves like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’m just not entirely sold that a no-nonsense program like OU would actually hire someone with a borderline qualified resume based on a last name.

Feel like if I were in their shoes, I’d rather hire the former Heisman finalist National Champion winning QB on the upswing if they elect to hire a non entirely proven coach with OU ties. JH’s offense would be terrifying with their talent. Add in the fact JH beat Mark head to head in year one with 60 scholly players. Really hope I’m just being paranoid.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just announced as interim coach. Bob is heavily involved with the program.

justingroves likes this.
  12. Savage Orange

I’m still not convinced we didn’t screw up by not throwing the Brinks truck at him when we were hiring. I’m all in on Heupel but still not sure what his future will be here. Kiffin is a known winner.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They made their national championship winning head coach fire the Heisman finalist national championship qb to hire the guy that just left. Oklahoma wandered in the wilderness awhile before hiring Bob Stoops too.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’m just an idiot, but I’ve never been overly impressed with Mark Stoops. I get it’s Kentucky, but dude has greatly benefited by always playing the easiest OOC schedule combined with the SEC East being on a historic downswing ever since Urban left UF.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Danny White better earn his damn paycheck and keep CH here if he is in play. If we lose our HC, Danny may as well leave with him. That's how I feel about it anyways.

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lane Kiffin would win an SEC championship within 4 years at UT. The questions we have with Huepel on recruiting would be nullified with Kiffin. Plus unlike 2009, Lane Kiffin is much higher quality human being than he used to be.

VolDad and A-Smith like this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think he’s still an immature jackass. I think he’s good, but he’ll always get in his own way just enough, imo

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I mean in the worst ten year stretch in our program’s history-Stoops is like what-
    2-8 against us? Only time he’s beat us are in years we had lame ducks as head coaches.

19. Savage Orange

I do think he’s learned to modulate it a little better now but yeah…

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah just saw that. I’d still trade Heupel for Kiffin if we could

VolDad likes this.